GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Seats are they all the same fitment?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

Seats are they all the same fitment? Empty
PostSubject: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 1:18 pm

Hi folks are the seats the same for all years of GRiSO? I am fancying a new one. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 1:40 pm

The fitment and base is the same on all Grisos. The contours and padding came in three basic variants. The 850/1100's are wider and have a *Stitched* seam separating the top and sides of the seat. The 1200's are slightly narrower and have a one piece cover. The third type was the brown saddle used on the Tenni SE's which is essentially the same foam as the earlier 850/1100 seat but with the brown material covering it. I can't remember if it has a stitched seat or not? I don't think so but I'll nip out to the shed and check later as my third bike has Tenni livery and seat.

In my opinion none of the factory designs are particularly brilliant. The Corbin 'Gunfighter', (What a stupid bloody name!) suits my arse very well but mine, which I got second hand, is beginning to show its age after having my vast posterior crushing it for twelve or more years. My MJM built 'Touring' seat on the Red Bike is also very good but I'm going to go back and see if I can get the 'Step' at the back of the rider's squab moved forward by a couple of cm as I've got a small *gap* between it and my bum which on longer trips I find a bit irritating. Not uncomfortable, just irritating.

Also, many years ago, I had another seat, it might of been a Russel 'Day Long', that I tried for a while. It was supposedly super comfortable for long trips but it was so retina scaringly ugly that not even I could stand to have it on the bike! I also found it locked me into a sort of a 'Squat' while riding and I felt like I was having a shit behind a bush while traversing the local byways! A bit too disconcerting for my liking! Shocked Laughing

kindoy2, Ham42 and tinker like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 1:57 pm

If I never see another Russell 'Day Long 'again, it will be too soon.

silent Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 1:59 pm

You can’t say that without posting a picture!
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 2:02 pm

It’s ok I did some Googling and wish I hadn’t

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Just for Mark.

It must be one of the most travelled seats in the world. I bought it from a bloke in the US and shipped it here. Decided not even I could love it and sold it to someone on the Ghetto who shipped it back to, I think, the US? I don't know if he, or the seat, are still around but it set the bar for 'Hideous' pretty high! cheers Laughing

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 6:48 pm

Eeeeeeeeee! My eyes! Make it stop!

No

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Ham42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
archercc
Carlotto
Carlotto
archercc

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 7:48 pm

My 1100 is comfy but wouldn't mind the style of the SE seat.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Well a quick check reveals the Tenni SE seat does have stitching.

Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1Tue May 16, 2023 11:59 pm

So does the 1200 8V SE

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seats are they all the same fitment?   Seats are they all the same fitment? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Seats are they all the same fitment?
Page 1 of 1