GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mistral Model Indentifiers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

Mistral Model Indentifiers Empty
PostSubject: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2023 7:38 pm

My 09 8V came with a carbon Mistral. No reciept unfortunately. It's not conical, and it's not round. From what I've found I haven't seen a match. Hoping the assembled here can help.

The reason being that I intend to address mapping at some point and wish to accurately represent all on board components.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks in advance

edit to add: it sounds f*#!@%g amazing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Mon May 22, 2023 9:44 pm

Not sure what that one is referred to as? Carbon/oval? Don’t be tempted to run it without a dB killer though. It won’t make it run better and it will simply make the standard poor fuel economy worse!
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 5:21 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Not sure what that one is referred to as? Carbon/oval? Don’t be tempted to run it without a dB killer though. It won’t make it run better and it will simply make the standard poor fuel economy worse!

Noted. I see no need. I can't imagine it sounding any better. I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy.

You're correct, it's oval. Should have mentioned that. @beetle is that a common enough animal that you account for it, or is identical to other models from a MAP perspective??
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 5:29 am

Mark's in hospital at the moment having some disgusting thing done to his piss-filter so he may not be monitoring the Ghetto but you could try contacting him via GRiSO.org. I spoke to him this arvo andhe said he was OK but you never know with the angry old bastard.....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 7:02 am

Yes, I'm angry, old...and bored. And awake.

Just got rudely awoken to get more IV drugs. Yay!

I've seen that pipe before, but not on a GRiSO. Stelvio, maybe? Also non-Guzzi's. It's like their carbon oval but with a fancy end cap. I could ask my contact at Mistral if required.

I reckon I could get my Mistral Conical map to work, or maybe one of the Agostini maps. Ain't nothin' insurmountable.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Clancy and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Tue May 23, 2023 3:25 pm

Glad you’re hangin’ in there Mark. I’ve got a bit of time before I’m able to get to your MAP, so I’ll keep digging as well.

Currently the bikes got a power commander, K&N, this pipe and a GT MAP. At cold start, it starts immediately but smells very rich and you can’t rev it without it nearly drowning. That resolves 30-45 seconds in.

Interested in following PR’s prevailing wisdom and reverting to OEM filter and a beetle map while balancing throttle bodies and setting lash. ’the drill’.

Hopefully by the time I’m ready to take it off the road for that one of us has more detail. Maybe something GT marketed. I don’t know their offerings that well.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Mistral got back to me. It's an Oval Full Carbon. Identical innards as the Hi-Pipe.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm

beetle wrote:

Just got rudely awoken to get more IV drugs. Yay!

The best thing about being laid up!
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Wed May 24, 2023 8:32 pm

beetle wrote:

Mistral got back to me. It's an Oval Full Carbon. Identical innards as the Hi-Pipe.

Brilliant! Thanks so much for making the query! We should be in great shape then when the time comes.

Hope you’re feeling better, beetle.

(Sorry…too easy)
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 5:51 am

Pete Roper wrote:

turns out the baffle is missing, and while it sounds sublime, mileage is garbage, although I've not had the chance to fairly assess that. Need to run another tank or two before I'll stand on that assessment. Off to find a baffle.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 6:02 am

It's got a Power commander and some GT shit on it hasn't it? The prosecution rests yer 'onour.

It's an overfuelling POS that is actively damaging itself. Take that crap off ASAP and make sure it hasn't got a K&N air filter or any of the other crap sold to rubes on the back of ignorance on it.

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 6:33 am

Pete Roper wrote:
It's got a Power commander and some GT shit on it hasn't it? The prosecution rests yer 'onour.

It's an overfuelling POS that is actively damaging itself. Take that crap off ASAP and make sure it hasn't got a K&N air filter or any of the other crap sold to rubes on the back of ignorance on it.

yup, that's the one, including the K&N, and it's all as you speculated. Can't give it any throttle after ignition without flooding it, until it warms up. I'm gathering the goods to address it in short order. Hence this thread. I wanted Beetle to know exactly what we're working with.

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 9:41 am

beetle wrote:

I've seen that pipe before, but not on a GRiSO. Stelvio, maybe? Also non-Guzzi's.  It's like their carbon oval but with a fancy end cap. I could ask my contact at Mistral if required.

Reached out to MG Cycle. Turns out they marketed them to he GRiSO before the carbon suppliy dried up. Then, coincidentally, saw one on the Corbin website.

Looking forward to re-mapping, Mark. HiFlo filter, and dB killer incoming, and Ratso88's got the laptop hookup. We'll knock it out soon!

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Model Indentifiers   Mistral Model Indentifiers Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mistral Model Indentifiers
Page 1 of 1