GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New UK member, long time lurker

Go down 
+11
Chris W
rick pope
Svartipants
kidsmoke
davel66
wardentm
Street
bioman
tinker
JohnA
JC_Guz89
15 posters
AuthorMessage
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

New UK member, long time lurker  Empty
PostSubject: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:00 am

Hi all,

New GRiSO owner here. I bought my bike from an ex-member towards the end of last year - It's a 2016 1200 8V SE.
I've been lurking on the forums, reading up and learning what to watch out for Very Happy

My previous bike was a Yamaha YZF600R. This is my first Moto Guzzi and I'm currently loving it. The engine is a real beaut and I love the overall character of the bike.
The bike has some mods for improved comfort, which helps me as I'm 6ft1 - Gel saddle, lowering pegs and bar risers.
Planning to get the original spoked wheels back on this summer too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:45 am

It’s a beauty for sure! Welcome to the ghetto. Are you really 33? A youngster.

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:04 am

JohnA wrote:
It’s a beauty for sure! Welcome to the ghetto. Are you really 33? A youngster.

Thanks for the welcome. And yes, born in 1989 tongue
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:09 am

Same as my daughter #2……..
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:00 am

Welcome nice Red Devil

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:46 am

What a beautiful bike!!  Looks brand new!

Welcome to the forum.

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:36 pm

bioman wrote:
What a beautiful bike!!  Looks brand new!

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. Bike has just ticked past 6000 miles today.
I plan on carrying out a service very soon, and also adjusting the valve clearances.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:47 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, JC!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:00 pm

Greetings from Tasmania
Welcome JC
What a sweet looking ride ….
Only 33 …you’re one of the youngest round here …..average age round here is around 57 …
Stay upright and safe

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
davel66
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
davel66

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:03 am

Welcome young one  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Beautiful GRiSO!

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:09 am

Welcome!

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:24 pm

Welcome. I've heard a hundred times that my GRiSO looks awesome and sounds awesome - but I never, ever, see another one. New-to-GRiSO owners make me happy. It means somebody, somewhere, 'gets it' and I'm not the only freak. The Ghetto for me, has been a bit of a lonely-hearts club... I love you

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:14 pm

Svartipants wrote:
Welcome. I've heard a hundred times that my GRiSO looks awesome and sounds awesome - but I never, ever, see another one. New-to-GRiSO owners make me happy. It means somebody, somewhere, 'gets it' and I'm not the only freak. The Ghetto for me, has been a bit of a lonely-hearts club... I love you

A couple years ago, I was on the Cherohala Skyway at an overlook. Some BMW/Ducati riders were pulling away when one swung around and stopped by my GRiSO. He waved to the others in his group and said, "Here it is! I heard there was one up here."

Pawel Spoon, Svartipants and JC_Guz89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:29 am

welcome!

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:27 am

Welcome, Red ones get more tickets.

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:14 am

JC_Guz89 wrote:
Hi all,

New GRiSO owner here. I bought my bike from an ex-member towards the end of last year - It's a 2016 1200 8V SE.
I've been lurking on the forums, reading up and learning what to watch out for Very Happy

My previous bike was a Yamaha YZF600R. This is my first Moto Guzzi and I'm currently loving it. The engine is a real beaut and I love the overall character of the bike.
The bike has some mods for improved comfort, which helps me as I'm 6ft1 - Gel saddle, lowering pegs and bar risers.

Stunning bike and great to see another UK owner. Really don’t see many of these bikes around and no idea why.

JC_Guz89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zoltm
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Zoltm

PostSubject: GRiSO v8   New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:11 pm

Hello i am from Ukraine Kyiv
My name Vitaly
unfortunately could GRiSO is now recovering from the accident, but after the recovery I will definitely share a photo
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:00 am

JC_Guz89 wrote:

This is the second later model GRiSO I've seen recently where the owner had swapped out the spokes for Brembo/Marchesini wheels. Seems you'll likely find a taker, or maybe even someone looking to trade?

Beautiful bike. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:03 am

kidsmoke wrote:
JC_Guz89 wrote:

This is the second later model GRiSO I've seen recently where the owner had swapped out the spokes for Brembo/Marchesini wheels. Seems you'll likely find a taker, or maybe even someone looking to trade?

Beautiful bike. Enjoy.

I've got the original spoked wheels. I've sealed up the spoke nipples and have just had new rubber fitted to them. All i need now is the correct front axle spacer and I can get them fitted.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:12 am

I'd recommend keeping the Marchenisi wheels in the garage for a while as some owners get tired of chasing spoke leaks.

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:49 am

The cast wheels are the Brembo ones, made in China. I'll be keeping them though.
I'm already one step ahead on the leaking spokes, I've sealed up the rims before getting the tyres fitted 😉

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New UK member, long time lurker    New UK member, long time lurker  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New UK member, long time lurker
Page 1 of 1