GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

how often do you clean the injectors

Go down 
+2
Pete Roper
Pawel Spoon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

how often do you clean the injectors Empty
PostSubject: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:57 pm

i had some big troubles with my ktm lately and during that trial and error period i did stuble over regular injector cleaning
in ktm forum they suggest to clean it every 10.000 km
do you do clean injectors regularly too ? and if, how often

by the way that was the fucker:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

replaced fuel pump twice before checking out the internals of the tank
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:05 pm

To be honest I rarely give injectors a thought as a source of issues. I've never cleaned or done anything to mine on Yellow Bike in 140,000km. Admittedly we do have good fuel in Australia and bad petrol is a rare event. If you live somewhere with shittier fuel you may have more problems.

If that pic shows what I think it's showing then yep, I can imagine it causing some odd behaviours! Very Happy

JohnA and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:10 pm

i think they clean it because of the disolving plastic tanks
affraid

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:58 am

You guys run Ethanol over there? Stuff is nasty here, you have to get non here so not to get bubbles in paint. Big problem, same with the plastic fuel filter swells up from alcohol, hoses come off. Most have all been fixed, but it still happens.

I use a fuel conditioner in my Jeep and once in awhile I use it in bikes. The Jeep had an injector stick open from goo. The whole fuel rail was gooy so I put in new injectors & use the conditioner. I know it cleaned the suff up cause it was throwing a catalyst code on dash from O2 picking up the goo burning up.
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:53 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
You guys run Ethanol over there? Stuff is nasty here, you have to get non here so not to get bubbles in paint. Big problem, same with the plastic fuel filter swells up from alcohol, hoses come off. Most have all been fixed, but it still happens.

I use a fuel conditioner in my Jeep and once in awhile I use it in bikes. The Jeep had an injector stick open from goo. The whole fuel rail was gooy so I put in new injectors & use the conditioner. I know it cleaned the suff up cause it was throwing a catalyst code on dash from O2 picking up the goo burning up.

Before the season, I changed the fuel filter and flexible hoses prophylactically. In my case it was the fuel filter was aluminum. After replacing the hoses with rubber ones and expansion clamps, it turned out that one of them could not withstand the pressure and slipped during a sightseeing ride:(, which involved re-pulling fuel tank. I did not notice any changes in the tank, such as dissolution, etc., during this operation. I don't think we have any miracle fuels in our country  .Returning to the topic of injectors, you can use special preparations that are added to the fuel, which I used several times in my car engine, especially in diesel.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:17 pm

I think they are mixing 5 percent bio fuel into it and planing to increase to 10.

but the ktm tanks are just shit. During replacement, 30 mins did suffice to make tank swelling and fuck up the paint.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:33 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:

In Oz there is E10 available but even the pump blurb says "May contain up to 10% Ethanol." Fact is we don't have enough so it tends to be a lower concentration. Most of our fuel though is ethanol free including the vast majority of both 95 RON and 98 Ron. Basically our bikes will run on any old lizard piss over here but I generally go for 95 or 98 because they seem to run better with the higher octane stuff. (Shrug?)

Only time I can remember having detonation problems was on the run over to South Australia years back when we were all trying to pull the nipples off the throttle cables way out the arse end of bumfuck nowhere somewhere west og Gilgandra and east of Broken Hill. We were holding in excess of 180 as a group so really wide throttle openings and several of us got severe detonation. We were running 98 but it was bought from a roadhouse in the middle of nowhere and I reckon it was just stale as most vehicles out there are diesels and those that aren't are happy with 91 so the '98' had probably been in the tank at the servo for six months or more! Nowadays I just use 91 if I'm somewhere remote and anyway, I don't tend to travel at 180+ any more. I'm too old for that shit, and the consequences if it goes pear shaped!

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:42 pm

Interesting and relevant subject, I follow it up in a new thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Onewhocansee
Carlotto
Carlotto
Onewhocansee

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:35 pm

Interesting timing of topic. I have noticed idleing in traffic,lights & junctions it seems like the bike may be running between 1.5 & 2 cylinders. It's not as pronounced as when the plug caps were bad after me mullering then like a nugget, I know what 1 cylinder feels like & it's definetely running on more than 1 but then clearly running on 2 intermitantly. It's mildly annoying & pulling the injectors to check spray pattern has been on my todo list.

It pulls like a train & recently got 60mpg on a 164 mile wet ride on A roads at 65-75 mph, smooth throttle application though.

Another thing is it's not very good from cold & even after a while sitting & cooling down but by no way cold, it's quite a bit uneven in delivery. Same pre & post rollering/mapping.
Back to top Go down
Onewhocansee
Carlotto
Carlotto
Onewhocansee

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:45 pm

Just to add it's one of these.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do you clean the injectors   how often do you clean the injectors Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

how often do you clean the injectors
Page 1 of 1