GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dash quetion

Go down 
+2
beetle
Tim Henry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:01 am

Has anyone experienced this before ? Ed's 2010 GRiSO ( ex- Bill Hagens ) the dash just quit no display no tach no turn signals bike runs and starts fine. I pulled main fuses for a few minutes then reinstalled and it came back to life and is still functioning. Just curious as Ed has to ride about 200 miles home
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:09 am

Not seen that specific issue, but I have seen the boot code appear (ASM..something..something) for no apparent reason, and my turn signals stopped working once. I left the dash disconnected for a few days while I considered my options, and it worked normally after I reconnected it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:28 am

This just had no lcd or tach function but came back with reset..... what I was concernd was if it didnt start again we dont know the code if it decided to go tits up. He has so far made it 90% home with no further reoccurance but to add insult to injury a turnsignal snapped on rear
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Usually if something like that happens it's because of a low voltage situation. The fact the bike started and ran would seem to contra indicate that though.

To be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it starts happening regularly.

The indicators are a shitty pain in the arse. Someone here, (I think?) effected a good repair by reinforcing the crappy plastic stem with a small steel pipe and running the cables through that and glued the busted bit back together wis silastic or some such. If you attempt this take great care of the lens as they will snap the 'Hook' that locates them at the drop of a pin!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:14 pm

It happened to me once. After winter storage when I wanted to start. No dash indication on the position Mode only. Trip 1 and Trip 2 positions were ok. Checked the fuse, replaced them and finally it worked fine. No issue since then.

No explanations.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:37 pm

We pulled and checked all fuses none blown but probably was good to do to make better contact My guess is like you said minor voltage anomally. The signals are utter garbage all 4 of mine are getting replaced soon when suitable units found it was a coincidence that I told him about the fromagio they were made of and when he got to the Mayport ferry one was hanging. Hope all the current bugs to sort out doesn't spoil ownership
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:11 pm

The innerneck is full of indicators. I'm probably one of the few people in the world who is totally *Over* LED indicators. I can see their advantages on bikes fitted with them from new and engineered in from the get-go but CARC bikes are a sort of 'Neither Fish nor Fowl' bikes where the tech was just changing.

To get LED's to work, as a rule you need to plumb in resistors. In my experience anything that involves chopping into a loom, anywhere, is a recipe for future problems. I'm sure I'll be peppered with 'I did it and it works just fine!' Responses but I still hate them.

Also, my personal opinion is they are no more visible than incandecents and no dipshit on their phone notices indicators of any sort so why bother, but that's me.

Biggest problem is the aftermarket ones may have different mounting bases but that is not insurmountable. Anyway, do whatever you like but I'd stick with incandescent.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:14 pm

That was my plan someting without flexible stalks no led
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:52 pm

I bought Guzzi indicators from AF1 that I think are for a V7. They are LED’s and didn’t require resistors. They fit in the existing post with a little assistance but are a close fit if I’m understanding the issue correctly. On the rear, I went to morimoto leds that are small and bright (copied from Beetle but I think he’s abandoned them now) the connectors on the V7 indicators were not the same so I did splice them in which you may not like…. However, AFI appears to carry wiring kits that allow you to keep your stock connectors and splice the indicator end. They call the indicators OEM MG LED turn signal - 2D000438 and they’re $40 each.
You can find them in the GRiSO accessories section. They are a different shape and don’t have the fake chrome on them but are the same length as the originals. I needed something similar as I have a fairing I had to clear.

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:41 am

Possibly unrelated, but didn't Ed have to ride in driving rain back from Va?
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:47 am

Weeks ago yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dash quetion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash quetion   Dash quetion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dash quetion
Page 1 of 1