GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VisualFlightRules
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
VisualFlightRules

Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:07 pm

I am 6’4 and having a hard time getting comfortable on the GRiSO. I have lowered the pegs which has greatly improved the situation, but still wish I sat a bit higher and further back on the bike.

Any suggestions for mods that don’t involve replacing the seat? For example, experience with seat cushions?

If you have replaced the seat for more height, which one did you go with?

Appreciate everyone’s help.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:58 am

Some people have installed a Stelvio shock absorber for other reason but it appears to lift a bit the seating.

See here under links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:02 am

Stelvio Shock, custom Corbin seat, dropped pegs. I am 6' 4" as well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:49 am

Hi,

As anyone ever modified the stock seat to raise the height a bit?
I mean something like having a first layer of a high density material (to avoid getting to compressed by the weight) covered by a second layer of softer material, and, of course, a new seat cover.
I tried to simulate in the picture below. I don't like much the looks of it, but I sure could use a bit more seat height...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
seat height...
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:15 am

Yes, my GRiSO has had the original seat foam replaced with a thicker memory type foam. It raises the seat up slightly, like in your mock-up picture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:24 am

Hi JC,
Looks great in your bike 👍
Was there a noticeable improvement in terms of confort/leg room?
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:40 am

Thanks, but it was done by the previous owner. I never rode my bike in standard form Laughing

I've sat on a standard GRiSO and yes, mine feels more comfortable for me (being 6'1"). The pegs are lower, the seat foam feels plusher/deeper. I also have the Onur bar risers fitted too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height   Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Needed: Raising Seat Height
Page 1 of 1