GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride

Go down 
+3
bioman
Richard
leafman60
7 posters
AuthorMessage
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Empty
PostSubject: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:45 pm

Yep.  Temps 100F and above and I was out several hours riding in it. Didn't seem too bad while I was moving.  This bike sure runs well and I like it more every time I ride it. Got a very cold RC Cola from the old general store at Boatyard Lake, Alabama.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by leafman60 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

JohnA, kidsmoke, Richard, Svartipants and tinker like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:11 am

For sure you need to cool down the bike and the driver with such a high temperature Wink

Nice GRiSO Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:54 am

Very nice bike indeed. Interesting handlebars.  

Just out of curiosity: what does it say on your dash: "Remember to ..."? (Can't read the rest)
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:27 am

I'm intrigued by the ergos of that bike.

Sure is purdy.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:11 am

'Remember to insert your user code' simply means it's never had one put in.
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:51 am

They could be Hurricane Fat Swallow bars, I have been wondering if they would fit ok and be comfortable.
Nice GRiSO
Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:13 pm

Thanks, guys.  Yes, I haven't yet put in a user code yet.  Only 3000 miles.

The bars are Rizoma Clubman bars with Rizoma grips (modified to work). Genuine Napolean sport mirrors (no longer available) but I'm in the process of changing those. Rizoma items are costly but you get what you pay for.  Top quality.

I've got to suck it up and tear the thing apart to make sure everything is properly greased. Irritates me to have to fool with that.

The bike has the stock mapping and it works very well, even with the Mistral muffler that sounds so good. The thing runs very well.  No spits or sputters or flat spots.

And to think I bought this machine specifically to chop it up and turn it into an Ipothesys custom. This was basically a brand-new GRiSO when I got it.  It looked and ran so good, I changed my mind about taking a hacksaw to any part of the frame.

By the way, those lightweight Michelin Pilot Power tires are fantastic.  I should get 2500-3000 miles on them.

Last edited by leafman60 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:29 pm

sorry if I missed this...what year is your rossa diablo?

150 huh?

I've only hit a buck 7 indicated, but it was also only at about 5500rpm....
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:52 pm

Personally, I'm glad you decided not to "chop" it. Enjoy it just the way it is.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:01 pm

Do you find the Rizoma bars comfortable and what is your body shape. I am quite tall thanks
Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:32 am

tinker wrote:
Do you find the Rizoma bars comfortable and what is your body shape. I am quite tall thanks

I'm 6'2", 210 lbs and I like a forward lean while riding, especially on bikes with minimal wind protection. I feel awkward sitting upright with all weight on my lower back and I've never found any comfort with a rider backrest.

The clubman bars on the GRiSO definitely provide extra reach, much more than the Daytona RS or the V11 Scura of my past. They take a little getting used to at first but they work for me.  They also take a little weight off my stock seat that I also find acceptably comfortable in the bargain.

I made reference earlier to the very nice Rizoma grips.  They work well but you'll have to plane down the cable pulling section since it's  slightly too wide to fit properly inside the throttle cable housing. Use some sandpaper on a flat surface and go to town on the plastic piece.

I'm running the soft Michelin Pilot Powers at 38F, 42R and this bike is much sportier handling than any of my past Guzzi bikes. That said, I've also taken it on some all-day rides with no discomfort issues. I have a GPS mount and I'm working on a radar detector mount.

kidsmoke, freewaystreak and tinker like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride   Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Red Devil GRiSO Firecracker Dayride
Page 1 of 1