GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Empty
PostSubject: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:53 am

Many apologies if this has been asked a million times.

I used to run Guzzidiag years ago on a Linux system, but now I'm starting from scratch on Windoze 11.

I've got a new set of cables from Lonelec. I understand that all Guzzi ECUs run the same version of Guzzidiag, but the tutorial seems to suggest that I also need ECU specific read/write software. Is that right? If so, which ECU will be in my bike (2008 8v), and what read/write download do I need?

Is the link in the tutorial the latest version of Guzzidiag, or should I download from the original source?

And finally, drivers for the cable. I understand that as soon as I plug the cables into my Win 11 lappy, Windoze will start searching for the appropriate drivers. Do I need to refuse these and use the ones that the tutorial points at? If so, how do I actually make that happen? Do I download them to the machine, and then point at them in preference to those found?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:16 pm

ECU is the 5AM. You will need the IAW5xReader & IAW5xWriter.

Yes, that link is for the latest version.

Let Windows do it's thing, then uninstall them and install these: FTDI Drivers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:50 pm

Brilliant. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:26 pm

Does GD always take...a while ...to DL?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:29 pm

No. It's 212kb zipped. Takes less than 1 second for me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:39 pm

OK. I have run the file that DLed. I have a progress bar on the task bar that seems to have stalled. It doesn't open up into a dialogue of any sort.
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:43 pm

I select English, and all i am getting is a taskbar icon with a progress bar.
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:45 pm

I'm getting a "Windoze protected your PC" dialoge, and selecting "Run anyway".
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:53 pm

Tried run as administrator. That gives me a dialogue "do you want to allow thing prog...etc. Yes. Back to the icon on the task bar.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:24 pm

Are you saying it won't run?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:18 am

Yeah, it doesn't seem to want to install. I've got the zip file which extracts ok. If I run it, I get a Windows dialogue which says it is protecting the computer. I choose "Run it anyway". I then get a dialogue where I choose English. A Guzzidiag icon with a progress bar appears on the taskbar. I've left it for over an hour, but nothing else happens. Clicking on it opens a plain white window, which closes again when you're not actively clicking on it. If I run as administrator I get the same routine, but with one additional dialogue which asks if I want to let it make changes to the PC - agree obviously. But no install yet.

I'm running Windoze 11.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:40 am

It doesn't need to be "installed", just unzipped and run.

Try v0.47. LINKY

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:06 am

In that case, it is not running. All I am getting from running the unzipped file is a taskbar icon. If I click on the icon a blank white window opens but closes when I stop clicking on it. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I must be doing something really daft.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:08 am

I shutdown all virus protection & security before using GD tools.....Windows & Norton don't like them (on my laptop anyway)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:15 am

^^^^^^^^^

This. GD wants to access hardware and files without doing all the Microsoft BS like being "installed", or being "registered" and obeying all the usual M$ rules.

Maybe add an exception to Windows Defender.

From the interwebs...

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:23 am

Ok. I will try that. I had added an exception to AVG, but Windows Defender could be getting uppity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag   ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ECU reader writer for Guzzidiag
Page 1 of 1