GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

service warning light on

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

service warning light on  Empty
PostSubject: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:13 pm

Hey all,

Today I checked all the stupid hoses from the airbox, which were all structurally fine, though the main drain hose wasn't fastened very well.

Then re-torqued the main engine to frame bolts,

Then tightened up all the intake manifold clamps,

Then checked that the airbox didn't have a hole in it at the seams

Then redid the FI balancing stuff. Interestingly I did it a week ago and now after tightening the intake clamps it was quite far out.

Anyway, feeling well pleased that all of those tasks were in my past, I took er for a quick blast round the block, bike feeling good! Thank heavens.

Parked it outside the garage for 4 minutes, started it up again to get in the workshop and the red light SERVICE warning came up.

I immediately switched it off and wheeled it in, hooked her up to guzzidiag again but there were no faults stored.

Started her up again with and without guzzidiag attached and no SERVICE light came up.

Do I shrug this one off or are there issues worth checking into??????

Planning a long trip next week so would hate to get stranded by some mysterious electrical thing!

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Couldn’t it just be you’re at a service interval mileage wise and coincidence that you were working on it. That’s the only time mine has come on.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:12 pm

If you're getting a 'Service' warning rather than the spanner icon flashing you'll need to check the OBD while it is active to identify what the problem is. Was it wet when this happened?

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:25 am

no, nice and sunny... Bike hasn't seen rain for some weeks. I checked the stored and active faults through guzzidiag, and there was nothing.

You're saying I need to hook up guzzidiag while it's actually happening right?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:57 am

That would be best as ECU faults aren't stored, they can only be viewed in real time.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:56 am

My apologies, I missed where you specifically said…..red service warning light. I was thinking the spanner like Pete said. I’ve never had the service warning light come on in 9 years…..knock on wood.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:29 am

allright, I'll use it for transport this week and keep my laptop and guzzidiag cables with me just in case the light comes on again.

Do you have a list of fault numbers that the ECU can display???
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:25 am

What about checking the dash codes when the red triangle shows? would that not help?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:43 pm

Yes, using the OBD when it occurs should enable you to identify the problem.
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:00 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Yes, using the OBD when it occurs should enable you to identify the problem.

For us "foreigners", OBD means On Board Dignostics, right?
Which means the built in dash-diagnostic system, and no need to bring an external PC... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:11 am

Yup.

Use the 'Mode' setting on the LH switchblock. Scroll through until you get to 'Diagnostics', it will ask you for a code, (It's in the Grisoghetto header if you forget it.) 12425.

That will give you a second menu which includes, ECU errors and Dashboard Errors.

ECU errors only show up if they are 'Active' and will be visible as a cross (x) next to them in a column. They go up to about 55, pressing the button will scroll through them, there are only a few shown per 'Page' on the screen.

Dashboard errors show up with two columns, active and memorised. This means you can see if there was a problem but then self corrected. The common ones are DB 07 & 08 which are oil pressure faults and are usually the result of the filter not being pre filled prior to installation.

Also in the menu you will find a 'Delete Errors' option. Do that, it clears both ECU and dash errors, and if the errors come back or don't go away? That's your problem.

The OBD is VERY useful. For 'Real Time' problems you will need further diagnostics, but really most straightforward problems can be identified by the OBD.

bjor and Transplant like this post

Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:42 am

Thanks Pete, VERY useful to know! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: service warning light on    service warning light on  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

service warning light on
Page 1 of 1