GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models

Go down 
+16
Gootzibird13
eeyore
Dave R
svru
Papa Lazarou
jretanacr
Pete Roper
Red Dog
Dilliw
Siggy Javotnik
Tolle09
Tassiedevil71
wallycycle
ecs
RR Bob
Steak
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:18 pm

To help the original caps last a little longer add a little silicone grease to top of the plugs. This helps prevent the rubber sticking to the ceramic and also keeps water out. When removing the caps use a screwdriver inserted in the drain hole above the exhaust and push the cap up and off This avoids the need to pull from above.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:14 pm

It seems that I am one of the few that still has original factory plug wires. I always use 1" cloth cutting to pull caps carefully parallel with the plug tunnels when accessing plugs. And I utilize ACF-50 inside and out of connectors themselves upon assembly. 52,000 miles

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:22 pm

Mine are still fine, they're off the 2012 wreck I bought for the motor. Never had a problem with them since I learnt the trick of levering them off from underneath with a screwdriver inserted through the cooling tunnel above the exhaust manifold. It's a good idea to put a smear of rubber grease on the sealing rings on the caps as well, especially in damp climates or ridden when roads are salted.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:58 pm

Mine would be..if my spark plugs hadn't failed that one time...."updated" the plug caps while troubleshooting. That still irks me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:22 am

Call it a Gee Gaw, Mark.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:02 am

Add me to the "unnecessarily gimped his plug wires while troubleshooting" club. I had a periodic idle "chuff" in hot weather that ended up being a matter of fuel trim adjustment and other fine tuning measures. Sadly, my poor wires met an untimely and gruesome butchering before figuring that out. No No No
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:52 am

While I appreciate the investment in time and effort to make the OEM caps work, they are still a bad design and prone to eventually fail. Better to switch them to the NGKs and be done with this.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:14 am

Additional guidance with pictures, albeit Stelvio:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models   Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Spark plug cap update for Guzzi 8V models
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2