GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Germany

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedDevil
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RedDevil

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:29 am

Good day,
I come from Germany near Heidelberg. I'm retired and now have more time to go on big tours in Europe. Not all with the GRiSO. I use my R100GS or HD LowRider ST (all air-cooled) for the big turns (3000-5000km). I bought my 1200 SE new in 2017. I like to modify all of my motorcycles a little more or less. I have written details about this elsewhere in the forum. It's always nice to exchange ideas with other allies.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, Yahu, mickfinn and ErikdeBrabander like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:35 am

Hello ! Welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:29 am

RedDevil wrote:
Good day,
I come from Germany near Heidelberg. I'm retired and now have more time to go on big tours in Europe. Not all with the GRiSO. I use my R100GS or HD LowRider ST (all air-cooled) for the big turns (3000-5000km). I bought my 1200 SE new in 2017. I like to modify all of my motorcycles a little more or less. I have written details about this elsewhere in the forum. It's always nice to exchange ideas with other allies.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I "liked" your post, but will now add this about "big turns."

Nothing wrong at all with your R100GS or HD LowRider ST, but don't underestimate the long legs of your GRiSO.

I took numerous multi-day trips on my 2010, and some here are veterans of serious cross-country trips.  See, e.g., this recent ride report from @kindoy2:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best,

Bill

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
activpop
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
activpop

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:31 am

Welcome! Nice wheels. I am toying with getting away from the spokes. I see you have a modified muffler support because of removal of the rear peg bracket. How does that seem for side to side rigidity?
Back to top Go down
RedDevil
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
RedDevil

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: AA   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:25 pm

... sorry

I'm sure my exhaust mount is working fine. I check these before going out - always firmly.

If you want the frame plates to stay, it is of course better to use a 2-fold holder, like the one from daes-mototec.

Last edited by RedDevil on Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:39 pm

RedDevil wrote:
Ich bin sicher, dass meine Auspuffhalterung gut funktioniert.  Ich kontrolliere diese vor einer Ausfahrt - immer fest.

Wenn die Rahmenplatten bleiben sollen, ist es natürlich besser einem 2 fach Halter zu nehmen, wie den von daes-mototec.

Damit der Rest von uns nicht übersetzen muss, sollten Sie vielleicht auf Englisch antworten?

Für die Amerikaner ist es schon schwierig genug, die Oz-Sprache zu übersetzen, die hier von vielen verwendet wird.  Very Happy

Entschuldigung, wenn ich das abgeschlachtet habe, da mein Deutsch eingerostet ist.  Sad

Bilhelm

[Edited as now OBE.  Bill]

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Pat

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:43 pm

Welcome Mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Germany   Hello from Germany Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Germany
Page 1 of 1