GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raulnorry
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
raulnorry

Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE Empty
PostSubject: Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE   Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:52 pm

Hey all! I'm the current owner and admirer of my 2016 V7ii Stornello. Picked it up a bit over a year ago and absolutely adore it...except for the lack of power and non-adjustable suspension. I've been intrigued by the GRiSO ever since I saw it a few years back, and earlier this week I was trolling around and found one for sale. 2013 Silver GRiSO 8V SE with 22k miles on it for $4895. I'm really tempted to trade in my Stornello for it, but before I signed anything I wanted to get the opinions from the experts. What should I be on the lookout for? From the photos the seller sent, the bike is still totally stock besides new tires last year.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE   Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:02 pm

As a 2013, (Check and make sure it is.) it will be a factory roller engine so you don't need to worry about that. That leaves the usual things that will need checking and/or addressing. Swingarm and shock linkage bearings are hardly ever adequately greased ex-factory, it is a good idea to replace the gasket between the sump spacer and the block with either a thicker aftermarket type or the Cali 1400 sump gasket, most importantly, check that the yellow paint on the throttle stop screws and linkage rod ball joints is intact and they haven't been moved and the drain hoses on the airbox are intact, attached and plugged where they exit under the bike by the RH footrest hanger.

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Considering buying a 2013 GRiSO 8V SE
Page 1 of 1