GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chrismfelt
Carlotto
Carlotto
chrismfelt

Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Empty
PostSubject: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I circled the spot it's in, I followed the wiring to the 30 amp fuses and then it goes to the negative side somewhere? I want to ditch this thing entirely since it's causing me headaches. If I disconnect it's wiring what do I have to RE-connect in order for it to be back to stock? I'm NOT well versed in electronics and I know if I fuck something up it'll bite me later. Any help would be great, the only manuals I have downloaded have the electronic wiring too small/blurry to read anything. I have the 07 GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:28 pm

That doesn’t look like a regular switch. It’s not some sort of tip over type switch or sensor?

There’s an 1100 wiring diagram in the GRiSO Ex Libris sub-forum.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
chrismfelt
Carlotto
Carlotto
chrismfelt

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:42 pm

You can see the little nipple under the seat, bike won't turn unless it's flipped toward the tank, if it's flipped back turning the key does squat. I tried getting the manuals from the ghetto but it said I requested access and nothing has happened since then lol. I've got crappy Google manuals that I can't Ctrl+F in
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:37 am

Ah, OK

Grab the wiring diagram from my Dropbox:

LINKY

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
chrismfelt
Carlotto
Carlotto
chrismfelt

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:05 am

Thank you! Finding good manuals for these things is not easy...
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:38 pm

If the bike works when the circuit is not broken by the switch, then to me it seems the easiest solution in the short term is to get rid of the switch and join the two wires permanently.
That switch is not waterproof and is getting water thrown at it from the back wheel so needs to go
regardless.
Certainly a wiring diagram and sorting out what has been done is essential as well

JohnA likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch    Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help me understand how to uninstall a secondary Killswitch
Page 1 of 1