GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Engine Oil and blow-by system

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

Engine Oil and blow-by system Empty
PostSubject: Engine Oil and blow-by system   Engine Oil and blow-by system Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:22 pm

Hi Pete,
Two questions, if you please:
- I saw in other posts you mentionning we should let the engine find its own oil level and only add if it drops below min. This is valid for the dipstick sitting on the thread or screwed in?
- Does the blow-by system requires service, i.e., can it accumulate muc and prevent the engine from breathing normally?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Engine Oil and blow-by system   Engine Oil and blow-by system Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:39 pm

Dipstick sitting on the threads but really it doesn't matter a lot, as long as you can see oil on the stick, there's lots in there.

As for can it affect running? Yes it can because expelled oil can clog the stepper and gum up the throttlebodies. Does it accumulate? Yes, if excess is pumped into the airbox the crap that doesn't get drawn through the TB's will settle in the airbox and run into the two drains, (Principally the forward one.) which terminate, if the hoses are in place and plugged, under the RH footrest hanger plate.
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Engine Oil and blow-by system   Engine Oil and blow-by system Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:33 am

Since I joined this fórum I never went above half way bettween min max, but in the beginning I was topping it to the max......
Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Engine Oil and blow-by system   Engine Oil and blow-by system Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:36 am

Now and then I get the occasional drop from the clutch bell housing, and wonder if it can be inner overpressure....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Oil and blow-by system   Engine Oil and blow-by system Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Engine Oil and blow-by system
Page 1 of 1