GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Red triangle and SERVICE on dash

Go down 
+4
beetle
GuzziSteve
JohnA
Paulusgg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulusgg
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Paulusgg

Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Empty
PostSubject: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:10 am

Hi All....The big Red triangle has come on on my GRiSO accompanied by SERVICE in big letters across the bottom of the dash.  Pressing the "set" button on the left doesn't give me access to the menu and moving the switch from Trip 1/2 to Mode also has no effect.  Am I righting in thinking that the only other way to get the fault codes is by getting the GuzziDiag cables and plugging the bike into a computer?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:42 am

Hi Paul,
I have always had some challenges getting my menu to come up too. I normally have to push the button a number of times and normally 2 or 3 quick clicks in a row brings it up.
I’ll let the experts guide you beyond that.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:10 am

Yes, sometimes it is confused on whether it is a short flick or a long flick. Keep trying and be more precise.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Have the top switch set to "Mode", then press and hold the "set' button.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:03 pm

Paul,

I've moved your question to the Grisology Section as this is where you will find most technical information.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:14 pm

One other thing I've seen on a couple of occasions is the screen going blank if moved to the 'Mode' function from one or other of the trip functions. I've found in these cases that if the ignition is turned off and the switch then moved to 'Mode' and then the ignition is turned on again the mode screen will appear and be useable which would seem to me to indicate some sort of boot-up glitch.

No idea if it's relevant in this case.
Back to top Go down
lxsnapper
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
lxsnapper

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:46 am

Might be worth checking your fuses. I got the triangle and Service message due to a blown fuel injector fuse.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:25 am

My triangle of death turned out to be caused by the connection of the oil switch. I replaced to the round post type rather than the button post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red triangle and SERVICE on dash   Red triangle and SERVICE on dash Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Red triangle and SERVICE on dash
Page 1 of 1