GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A sad couple of weeks

Go down 
+10
Bulldog9
austoolman
Speedfrog
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
Richard
beetle
Street
Bill Hagan
MotoCuzzi13
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A sad couple of weeks   A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:23 pm

To date, I've not owned a motorcycle with any rider aids, though I do have one with linked brakes.

In my mind, taking a class like the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Experienced Rider Course is money well spent, and might just keep you from needing divine (or electronic) intervention.

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: A sad couple of weeks   A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:55 am

I am of the same opinion. Never too much training and self-training

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
MotoCuzzi13
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoCuzzi13

PostSubject: Re: A sad couple of weeks   A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:22 pm

I have taken the course when I first obtained my permit in NYS but that was over 10 years ago now and I wasn't riding the entire 10 years.. maybe a cumulative 4-5 years total. I will consider taking it again when I get another bike. Thanks all.

Again, that 2017 Stelvio NTX ABS is $9k with only 975 miles on it!!! Someone save her to stop me from wanting to do it myself. Lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: A sad couple of weeks   A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:48 am

MotoCuzzi13 wrote:
I have taken the course when I first obtained my permit in NYS but that was over 10 years ago now and I wasn't riding the entire 10 years.. maybe a cumulative 4-5 years total. I will consider taking it again when I get another bike. Thanks all.

Again, that 2017 Stelvio NTX ABS is $9k with only 975 miles on it!!! Someone save her to stop me from wanting to do it myself. Lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a great deal on the Stelvio. If I was back east right now I wouldnt be able to resist, but I bet that mileage is a misprint.

Not busting your chops, but your accidents weren't due to a lack of ABS, it was your riding too fast for the conditions and skill level. It's OK to go slower, especially in traffic, intersections, or when around other vehicles. ABS may have kept you from locking your rear tire, but you were going too fast and riding above your ability.

And if there is anyone here who says they haven't, they are lying.............. We've all done it, and still do it.

lcjohnny and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
austoolman
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
austoolman

PostSubject: Re: A sad couple of weeks   A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:40 pm

I agree, training is vital. I did my advanced training at Philip Island raceway, one of the top F1 tracks in the world. What blast. My riding improved greatly. Motocuzzie13, due to intermittent riding, probably had age hardened tyres also contributing to the accident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sad couple of weeks   A sad couple of weeks - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A sad couple of weeks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2