GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

couple of post winter gremlins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

couple of post winter gremlins Empty
PostSubject: couple of post winter gremlins   couple of post winter gremlins Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:41 am

ok, GRiSO has been sprayed in ACF-50 and sitting under a cover for the past 3 months.

Went to fire her up and of course, 3 year old battery at 11.6. charged it up and all was good.

Once the bike was fully warm I stopped to get gas, weirdly one restart later, the bike would barely start or idle. sounded like it was on one cylinder maybe.

I let the bike cool down and tried to restart, same deal, popping a bit, misfiring etc, but confirmed that both cylinders were firing as eveidenced by heat in both headers.

Went to start the bike again 3 days later and although the starter was cranking hard, the bike would not start. I held the throttle wide open and cranked and it came life on the 4th try.

And now that's how it is all the time, will barely start, misses a bit at low throttle openings (much worse when cold) but goes really nicely at all other throttle openings.

TB balance and major service was performed about a month before I stopped riding for winter, all was running perfectly..

Any ideas??

ps also my rear brake light is sticking on, actually it always turns off when I release the rear brake pedal, but then comes back on the moment the pedal has return to it's resting position. weird. sprayed the switch etc

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: couple of post winter gremlins   couple of post winter gremlins Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:14 pm

Check plug caps for arcing. Check airbox for blockages, mouse nests etc.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: couple of post winter gremlins   couple of post winter gremlins Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:48 pm

cheers pete,

nothing in the airbox, no arcing. I did remove the ground wires on the coil and renew the connections with a bit of a roughing up.

Seems to be running better now, a lot of white smoke in the exhaust so my plan is to burn this tank, top it up with super and hope it was just bad fuel getting even worse from sitting around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple of post winter gremlins   couple of post winter gremlins Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

couple of post winter gremlins
Page 1 of 1