GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New to this forum and the GRiSO

Go down 
+7
siabeid
ajengland
850-Nero
bioman
beetle
Street
lti_57
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

New to this forum and the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:12 pm

Hello from Spokane, Washington.
Not my first Guzzi have had 5-6 California type bikes 2 Norges. Been on a 1992 BMW K75
I could not find a good Guzzi anywhere.( non California type )
Turns out my Buddy up in Kettle Falls was selling his GRiSO. I personally like the 2valve head motor.
Hope to contribute something here.
And of course see some of you in John Day, OR.
Lance[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by lti_57 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

kindoy2, mickfinn and Scot like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:45 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Lance. See you at the rally!

Pete (Street)

Got Pics?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:50 pm

Welcome! We like pics!

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:03 am

Congrats with your GRiSO and welcome to the Ghetto!!  When the weather improves you are welcome to hop across the border.  (which would be the first time for me to see an other GRiSO in the wild... Very Happy )

lti_57 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:42 am

bioman wrote:
Congrats with your GRiSO and welcome to the Ghetto!!  When the weather improves you are welcome to hop across the border.  (which would be the first time for me to see an other GRiSO in the wild... Very Happy )
The Border being Idaho or Candadia ?
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:49 am

I meant the border to the North...
Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:53 am

Yeah love BC awesome roads, cool people
Kaslo and Nelson being some of the neatest towns
Back to top Go down
850-Nero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:49 pm

Welcome 😁 I like the front headlight fairing - what's the brand?
Back to top Go down
ajengland
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ajengland

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00 am

Welcome to the GRiSO family from a former Spokane resident (Five Mile Prairie) who now lives on the wet side of the Cascades in Vancouver, USA. See you on the road when the snow melts and the streets are drier.

lti_57 likes this post

Back to top Go down
siabeid
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
siabeid

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:37 am

Lance got the GRiSO from me. The fairing is a Moto Guzzi fairing that I got on a clearance sale from Moto International many years ago. I think it was for a v11 originally. Bioman, I still owe you a visit that we talked about pre covid. Maybe Lance and I could come up together in the Spring. I am getting old, and have a v7 850 on its way up from New Mexico. Between all of the old Guzzis that I have, a Buell and a z900 RS Cafe Kwack, it is time to start thinning the herd. I wasn't really planning on selling the GRiSO, but Lance was interested, so a good situation for both of us. It is certainly going to a good home. I have had it for 11 years and miss it already. What a beautiful beast it is!
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Once upon a while ago there were several E30 in the family and friend circle… With their current values I don’t foresee that happening again.
Curiosity question - why do you like two valve heads?
Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 am

Steve I have a 87 E30 vert. sitting in the garage. Waiting on nicer weather like my scoots. Been in the family 10 years.
After all the initial nonsense with the 8 valve motors. And some of the work I have done on the newer California bikes.
 Maybe I am a partial Luddite
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:47 pm

wait - where'd the e-30 stuff come from?
I have one too - 92 convertible. Been a labor of love on that machine too
Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm

Chris W wrote:
wait - where'd the e-30 stuff come from?
I have one too - 92 convertible. Been a labor of love on that machine too

Haha I don’t know 🤷‍� and I can’t put a pic of mine here.
Great cars
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:53 pm

this is the only shot I have of mine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
not quite the same as the GRiSO, but close!!

lti_57 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 pm

Actually you can…

I’ve lots of pics on my fb account, this is an interior pic of my Alpine I 1988 325i vert, still have the Momo steering wheel

And a random pic of two E30 wagons coming off the boat from Japan
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 pm

Oh - we got there because I read Iti_57 profile and down at the bottom it said E30
Either of you ever go to the R3V picnic?
Used to be the largest gathering of E30 BMW in one place in the world, probably still is!
Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:50 am

I have been to the E30 picnic had a great time,
Great setting and tons of cars.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:22 am

I'm on the east coast - too far for me!
Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:09 pm

Steve and Chris both nice looking E30s
Only have owned the GRiSO 2 days and already  tearing into as is my standard procedure
Now the bike is not a mystery.
Back to top Go down
Scot
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Scot

PostSubject: Newbie without rollers   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:32 pm

I bought a beautiful 2009 Stelvio with 3800 miles. It's like showroom condition. But, and the big BUT is, it has the recalled forged tappets, but not rollers. I've ordered the correct rollerization kit C for the bike. I think I may have read and viewed all of Mr. Roper's posts and YouTube videos, but I need to get into the GRiSO family. The factory rolled Norge shown here, sold.
Scotty

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:05 pm

That Red job is what we call a Tall GRiSO. Wondering when you'd show up over here!

Scot likes this post

Back to top Go down
lti_57
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lti_57

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:37 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
That Red job is what we call a Tall GRiSO. Wondering when you'd show up over here!
How did that name come about ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:56 pm

We call the Stelvio "Fat GRiSO" here. Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!

Scot likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:11 pm

Yup, Fat GRiSO in red. Welcome to the Ghetto, Scotty!

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Scot likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to this forum and the GRiSO   New to this forum and the GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New to this forum and the GRiSO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next