GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

CARC seal is leaking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

CARC seal is leaking Empty
PostSubject: CARC seal is leaking   CARC seal is leaking Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:05 am

Been notcing after my rides that the plastic clips under the swing arm is coated in "oil" and a nice splattering around the wheel too.
Seeing as wheel is coming off for a new tire, figured might as well check.
Inside the swingarm , other than some grease flung from the U-joints, is almost spotless. A small coating of lube around the hole for the plastic clip.

Set the CARC on the bench nose down while doing other stuff. Came back to find a trail if purple lube oozing out of the seal area. Pulled the fill cap to confirm it. Yup. Royal Purple lube inside. Guess its the CARC seal that's leaking.
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: CARC seal is leaking   CARC seal is leaking Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: CARC seal is leaking   CARC seal is leaking Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:45 am

Yes, but also be aware that the pinion nut may of lost its preload. If you poke at the nut through the throat of the seal holder and it moves at all in relation to the pinion shaft it will need dealing with as well as the seal.

Michael has got very good at doing these without splitting the cases. Me? Not so much! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: CARC seal is leaking   CARC seal is leaking Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Pete.
The nut you mentioned, does it spin with the splined shaft.
If you look down in the hole you can see the blue witness mark done during assembly. That nut does not move when I try to spin it with a small screwdriver. It is lock to the shaft.
Thinking I'm good. Yes?
I will go ahead and get the 290 locktite I read about to make sure its locked in.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: CARC seal is leaking   CARC seal is leaking Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:11 am

If it isn't moving in relation to the pinion shaft Loctite it after the seal is done and the whole area has been cleaned. Then you should be good to go.

kubbie and Havli like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CARC seal is leaking   CARC seal is leaking Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

CARC seal is leaking
Page 1 of 1