GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Crashed and now it won’t crank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbie
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

Crashed and now it won’t crank Empty
PostSubject: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:12 pm

Hi all, I had a minor crash with only cosmetic damage. However now the neutral light does not illuminate and it won’t crank with the clutch in or out. The headlight did fall out but I’ve placed that back and can see the Parker is on when I switch on the ignition have checked the fuses and they seem fine
Any pointers?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 pm

The tip-over switch may not have reset.

Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

Do you have GuzziDiag?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and Robbie like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Robbie
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:02 am

No the pump is not running and I don’t know what a GuzziDiag is sorry
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:23 am

Guzzidiag is a diagnostic tool. It has been covered here many times, in fact I think there is a dedicated thread.

So you dropped it. Now it won't start. Which side did it go down on? If the neutral light won't illuminate it's probably due to the wire to it becoming dislodged from the switch. The switch is at the right hand rear of the gearbox, (Look at the parts diagram.) and is a bit hard to get to, but not impossible. If it won't start with the clutch pulled in, check the two wires to the clutch switch which resides under the clutch perch on the left handlebar.

OK, so it's an SE? What year? Tell us more.

Oh, and double check the kill switch....... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Robbie
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:43 am

Went down on the right. It’s a 2012 SE (late in the year and rollerised) I checked this site before purchasing so had at least a little knowledge. I’m loving it and am devastated for dropping it. It’s going into the shop for repair but I would like to hear it start up first.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:25 am

OK, so you need to look at the codes in the dash as a first step. Do you know how to do this?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:52 am

Fuel pump not priming suggests an electrical issue. If the fuses are OK, then it may be a relay issue.
Checking the error codes via the dash may prove helpful, but the status of the switches and sensors would be more helpful, I think.

Fuel pump is powered from secondary injection relay, which is powered from the primary injection relay, which is activated by the key switch.

Make sure fuses C & D (15A) are good. You're going to have to get your multimeter out, and get to know the GRiSO wiring.

Grab the wiring diagram from the forum library: LINKY

If you want the factory diagram, let me know.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:36 am

Most likely the tip over sensor.
It is the square in rubber by the other relays, may say up on top. If you shake it it rattles, you want to shake it. Then little ball sits in center. Make sure the kill switch did not shut off.
Check the wire for neutral lite didn't come off, under airbox in top of trans. It slides on a 'top hat' connector. The flat circle post slides in spade connector female w/slot.

Robbie likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:29 pm

Nope. Tip over switch is under the headstock, near the ECU.

In GRiSO we trust!

kindoy2 and Robbie like this post

Back to top Go down
Robbie
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:57 am

So, the pump is running, the start sequence shows neutral but then neutral light is no longer illuminated. Anyway it gets picked up by in a couple of days and I’ll let the shop take care of the issue.
Really appreciate the help offered here though. Looking forward to getting back on this amazing machine
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:11 am

It's a 2012. Is it a roller tappet motor?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:51 am

Pete, he mentioned above it's a late 2012 and a roller.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:52 am

Sorry, I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment....

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crashed and now it won’t crank   Crashed and now it won’t crank Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Crashed and now it won’t crank
Page 1 of 1