GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mystery item.

Go down 
+4
Bill Hagan
beetle
Pete Roper
Moto Guzzi virgin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Moto Guzzi virgin
Carlotto
Carlotto
Moto Guzzi virgin

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:06 pm

Hi everyone,
I need the collective brains trust to help me out, my bike is off the road waiting for the return of the powder coated parts and new braided brake lines from HEL, I have been giving the bike a birthday and cleaning all of the exposed parts that have not seen the light of day since 2012, I had been tidying the wiring around the head set area and when I moved the tool trolley, laying on the floor was this perished rubber component, I have no idea if it even belongs to the bike, I have checked out the complete parts list and cannot find anything that looks anything like it, both ends are molded so the length is correct and it is made from some sort of high tensile cheese that falls apart, can someone please put me out of my misery and identify it or tell me it does not belong on the bike.
Thanks,
Shayne.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:14 am

It's not ringing any immediate bells with me.....Sorry
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:19 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:48 am

Predictably, I have no idea.   Rolling Eyes

With that said, while my GRiSO never picked up hitchhikers, my EV has had several mysterious stowaways over the years.

From time to time after pulling the tank for maintenance issues, I would find various items "up in the cleavage" between the jugs: fasteners, rubber bits, a dime once, and more.  Now, bear in mind that has been over 24 years and 108+K miles, but it was interesting.  

I suspected a particular buddy of doing this, but his denials were near heartwrenching.   Very Happy   

It always seemed odd for the EV, with its large front fender, to have these mysterious hobos -- that I have presumed were tossed up in there somehow by the front tire -- but they were there.

The only thing remotely similar is when I have dropped the bash plate on my Stornello, I have (only twice) found what surely was road debris, but certainly looked worrisomely as if they might be something that could have come off of the peripherals somewhere.  Not.

Best wishes on losing your virginity soon, but sounds as if you are past first kiss anyway.  cheers

Bill

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
Moto Guzzi virgin
Carlotto
Carlotto
Moto Guzzi virgin

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:08 pm

Thanks for your replies and I think I have found where it came from, and it is not part of the bike.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:42 am

well..... do tell so I can sleep tonight!
bushing from the jack maybe?

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:34 pm

I looks like the tire off of a caster wheel to me. Is your work bench going ka-chunk, ka-chunk as you roll it across the floor?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:22 pm

I swear, whenever I drop things onto the garage floor (nuts, bolts, washers etc) they might bounce once, but are then immediately teleported to somewhere out of sight. You must have something that belongs to me.

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:36 pm

Another mystery item. I was cleaning the engine with some WD and a towel and when I was finished I found this under the engine. Its quite weathered and dry. Should I assume it's an "extra" part? I don't think I've ever run across something of this size.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:49 pm

Not being overly familiar with US currency it's hard to tell but it looks about right for a plug tube O-Ring?

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:54 pm

I’ll think about that Pete……thanks. Must have been laying around for a while. I haven’t touched the plugs in months.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:01 pm

Nah, if one was missing from its correct location your bike would be leaking like a stuck pig.

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:26 am

what about the o ring from your dip stick?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:26 am

Chris, you might be on to something there. I changed dipsticks and put in a fancy one a few years ago. I still use the original when I do oil changes to check the level. It works better than the fancy one. Could have come off without me noticing.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:39 am

Ok, checked the dipstick…. Not it. The OEM dipstick has kind of a built in o-ring and the mystery o-ring is slightly too large. The dipstick can barely fit through it completely. I’m not going to worry about it although would be nice to know what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mystery item. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery item.   Mystery item. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mystery item.
Page 1 of 1