GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Throttle clean and balance;

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

Throttle clean and balance; Empty
PostSubject: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 pm

GRiSO was running sweeeet before I took the TBs out to clean them. All back together, started right up and went to 2k rpm. Reset TPS. Sprayed carb cleaner into the stepper motor while idling. Then b[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alanced the TBs okay. Reset TPS again.

2 questions: TPS reset to 4.8 but idle keeps surging up to 3000 rpm when Guzzidiag says the throttle is only at 5 degrees. I think the spring lever under the TBs is either sticking or too loose. Is that a thing?

L cylinder ‘chuffs’ 3 or 4 times a minute and the vacuum at idle on that side drops from 16cm Hg to 10, and straight back up again. Diane used to do that.

Loud pops from the exhaust at 3000rpm, and it is a bit fumy… is that a CO trim thing?

Thanks in advance…
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:41 pm

* “didn’t” used to do that. Diane - I don’t know - ask her yourself. Stupid phone correct.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:29 pm

What map are you running?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 pm

Beetle's Agostini conical. I’ve sorted out the high idle by redoing the throttle cables. Still pops a bit.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:44 pm

Are both the drain hoses from the airbox attached, intact and plugged?

You're not running a K&N or other nonstandard air filter?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:46 pm

Both attached, snug. Rubber’s good. The proper air filter. I haven’t had the chance to take it for a proper strop yet…
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:54 pm

Hmmm.

OK, that covers most of the usual things. The 'Chuffing' is usually a sign of compromised TB's. The reason I asked about the map is because if a bike is running a stock, or in fact any closed loop map, the system seems to be able to trim around wear and damage to the TB's while it is happening but as soon as the trims are cleared, either by disconnecting the battery or using a diagnostic tool, everything will go to shit and you tend to get exactly the symptoms you were describing.

The fact that this has suddenly occurred after the TB's were cleaned is interesting. You say you balanced the TB's? You didn't forget to reconnect the evaporative canister hoses did you?
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm

I cannisterecterized it. Those ports are still joined by a shared hose; I do need to shop for the M6 bolts to make that tidy because I’ve crushed the tiny L rubber washers (portside port). I’ll check again to see the TBs are properly seated and that I haven’t pinched the rubber parts. I had used rubber cement to seal them at the airbox - uh oh. Maybe some of that crap got sucked in…. I’ll get after it again tomorrow. The neighbors are a bit funny about the noise. They don’t like Italian opera.
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 pm

Thank you Peter
Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

Hi Svartipants,

I've been there....Hell went loose when I cleaned my TBs.
I suggest you do the following test:
- Pull the hose that conects the stepper motor to the airbox from the airbox spigot
- Plug the hose and the airbox spigot.
Give it a try afterwards. If the temperatures are low over there, you might have to control the idle a little bit with the throttle when starting the engine cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throttle clean and balance;   Throttle clean and balance; Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Throttle clean and balance;
Page 1 of 1