GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina

Go down 
+3
Chris W
beetle
Bill Hagan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Empty
PostSubject: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:24 pm

Yes, there is Guzzi and even GRiSO content in what follows, but it’ll take a minute to get there.  Wink

Kathi and I are in Wendell, North Carolina, housesitting for our kids and grands who are in Spain for spring break.  

Thankfully, they return tomorrow because what was billed as "housesitting" is, in fact, trying to keep the lovable but boisterous year-old golden retriever, "Louie,” from destroying the house.   affraid

Oh, and also keeping the obnoxious cat — tho that’s redundant — “Rypka" from taking out her displeasure (which is her constant state) from doing what cats do when unhappy or annoyed.  Evil or Very Mad

Louie looks harmless …

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

… but I had to go to an urgent-care center earlier in the week as a result of him tackling me!   Shocked   

Yes, really. In fact, that will be the segue to the Guzzi content.  

When down here on my GRiSO two years ago, local @Chris W showed me around some of the local sights.  Two Grisos in rural North Carolina.  Great fun.

Knowing I would be here and happy to have fewer chores than when at home, I contacted Chris to see if he might be interested in showing me more of the local scenery and roads.

I had ridden my V85 down here.  

I know that this is a GRiSO forum, but I’ve sold mine, and this V85 is a great Guzzi, too.

“Sure,” said Chris, and we aranged to do that today.

Unfortunately, Louie, that rambunctious golden, essentially a big puppy, decided it would great fun to surprise me by leaping on me from behind.  That led to the visit to urgent care, and calling off the ride as I had, among other minor things to whine about, a very painful pulled calf muscle.  In fact, it was so bad for a day or two, I worried I might have to store the V85 here and cage it back with Kathi.  

But, I asked Chris to come by anyway to say howdy and, if he wanted, to take the V85 for a spin.

Here we are this afternoon.

Chris takes the V85 for a romp on local roads.

But, eventually, Chris had to leave and head home.  Note that he is on his VTX; his GRiSO needs a new tire.   Sad

I was glad to include Kathi in that pic as it showed Chris how good it is to have a Polish wife!   cheers  queen

Then, it was time to let Louie back into the house …

… and to give him more obedience lessons.  I do not think he will be Valedictorian … nor I Professor of the Year at the Canine Academy!    Shocked

Seriously, Chris, thanks for visiting.  We enjoyed your stories of your recent visit to Italy, including Mandello!   cheers

Come up to see us at the Moto Grappa in Cross Junction.

Bill (& Kathi)

beetle, JohnA, Nobleswood and footgoose like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:49 pm

Great post, Bill, as usual.

Hope you heal quickly. I can empathise. We had a Husky that would attempt to knock you down in his own way of showing his love for you, then attempt to lick you to death...sadly, he is no longer with is.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:08 pm

great post Bill
My dogs said to say "hey" to Louie!

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:21 pm

My stepson across the street has that same dog 4yrs old and big AND greets me same way. Her sister in crime is a 2yr old Wolf/Shepherd mix just as big & same thing. I watch them also when kids are gone.
At least I rode 2 Guzzi's today & filled both fuel tanks. Getting ready for some riding.
Have fun Bill say HEY to Kathi.

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:55 pm

Bill, thanks so much for stopping bye occasionally with your tales. Your prose makes the rest of us seem like cavemen sitting around the fire, grunting. And you always include plenty of pics too.

Bill Hagan and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:49 am

Really enjoy all your posts Bill! I wont be seeing you at the SSR this year as we will be in Italy for 3 weeks at that time , I'm looking forward to 10 days riding in the Dolomites..I will have a few Grappa's ant think of you!

ciao

Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:59 am

Love your comment about Rypka! I’ve been enjoying early spring back road riding and fine tuning my new suspension here in the great PNW.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina   A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Reunion of Sorts in North Carolina
Page 1 of 1