GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Phase sensor shimming

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Phase sensor shimming Empty
PostSubject: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:16 pm

After the bike was good and hot it started missing again with the .5 shim on the sensor. I put in the .3 but I think it is a bit too close Shocked [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:28 pm

You reckon? Shocked

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:31 pm

I am going to replace the sensor (again) unless someone has a better idea for why this problem keeps coming back.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:34 pm

It's not something silly like the sidestand switch playing up is it? The symptoms sound like a momentary loss of power.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 am

Pete Roper wrote:
It's not something silly like the sidestand switch playing up is it? The symptoms sound like a momentary loss of power.

It's always the same, runs great until you shut off for a while and then restart. The hotter the bike the worse the symptoms. After I changed the sensor the first time the problem went away for months. That's when I started fiddling with the shimming. Oh well, back to points ignition and carbs until MG opens the shop tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:31 am

Am I the only one who measures the distance? I guess so. It always works for me.

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:31 pm

I check the gap if I need to. I prefer not to without pulling the timing chest cover though for fear of whatever goop I'm using on the sensor tip falling off and getting stuck in the timing chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phase sensor shimming   Phase sensor shimming Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Phase sensor shimming
Page 1 of 1