GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Speed vans playing unfair

Go down 
+7
Bill Hagan
keenerkeen07
tocino
wyno
Steak
Oz1200Guzzi
Guzzi Cat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Speed vans playing unfair Empty
PostSubject: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:31 pm

I used to think that speed vans couldn't get you from the rear going away and on the other side of the road.

I found out by post that I was WRONG!!

Guess Im still learning,

Guzzi Cat,
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Bummer! Always hurts when Mr Plod uses you for revenue practice.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:13 pm

I hope we never advance to these practices out here on the frontier... That would suck.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

They've got new cameras here in Victoria that can get you coming and going. Bastards.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 am

Sadly, with the cost of cameras and associated technologies coming down, ubiquitous wireless networks, and data collection tools becoming more sophisticated I fear it's not too long before "specific" speed-detection (i.e. speed vans, fixed speed cameras) becomes a thing of the past and everywhere you go you places you inside a "traffic net".

Out in the middle of nowhere, maybe not, but if there's a traffic light or light pole then you've got a potential node on a network.

Big Brother hates fun!
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this makes me feel a little better
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:00 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:

I have been part of the law-enforcement world almost all of my professional life, but I find that to be priceless.  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:49 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:

Me to!!!!, got a laugh out of that one, young guys with "Balls as big as a Bengali Tiger" Very Happy

Guzzi Cat
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Sadly they could track you already if the legislation was in place.

All they need to do is to bring in a traffic rule based on average travel times from a to b, they do this already for heavy commercial vehicles in Australia to ensure drivers are having appropriate rest breaks by using camera systems on main highways.

They could use your existing phone signal and work out the average legal speed time from one town to another and if you were under this time obviously you were speeding somewhere in the trip.
Fortunately this sort of legislation is not currently in place anywhere that I know of but all it would need is some anal retentive public servant looking for ways to increase income, under the guise of a safety initiative and this sort of slimey traffic enforcement could come in to force.
Without trying to sound paranoid be very careful of Big Brother, I know there are already a number of Insurance companies who insure based on the mileage you do per year, who are using tracking devices to confirm your distance travelled and charge you accordingly.

This is a valid process if done correctly but it wouldn't be hard for these trackers to be able to confirm if you were speeding when you had an accident or during a trip with potential consequences at claim time or for your licence.

This all comes down to personal choice and privacy of the individual and it concerns me that the younger generation who will need to fight this fight seem to be oblivious to the implications for their personal freedom.

I will go an take my medication now and calm down.

Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:11 am

It's good not to live in highly populated/city areas, at least for the time being. But it can't last. Mad
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:32 am

They can't monitor every road, and even the vilest scummy polly will never allow our phones to be tracked for road or traffic violations.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:45 am

If it will allow them to rape our purses? They'll do it. And the safety nazis, none of whom actually use a vehicle for anything other than getting from A-to-B, will claim that it's all for the good of society.

What scares me is that my 29 year old son, who doesn't drive/ride, and his missus who is one of the scariest drivers I know, would probably think it was a brilliant idea!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed vans playing unfair   Speed vans playing unfair Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Speed vans playing unfair
Page 1 of 1