GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Broken Exhaust Bracket

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

Broken Exhaust Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Broken Exhaust Bracket   Broken Exhaust Bracket Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 pm

I was having a look under the bike and saw that the exhaust mid section support bracket was broken completely.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have taken it off and wlll repair with a stainless steel weld job, I think this is a fairly common break and it might be worthwhile for other people to have a check on their bike just in case!!

Guzzi Cat,
Back to top Go down
BradleyM
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BradleyM

PostSubject: Re: Broken Exhaust Bracket   Broken Exhaust Bracket Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

I've just noticed I've got the same problem with a fractured exhaust bracket and from reading around it seems to be a common problem. I have no idea how long it's been like that which makes me wonder what happens if I don't fix it? I'm guessing it'll need more than just welding up the cracks to be successful long term.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Broken Exhaust Bracket   Broken Exhaust Bracket Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 pm

It’s a very common failure apparently. Good to loosen it up and see if it wants to move. I recall some people corrected the tension/flexing by inserting two or three washers as spacers. When I loosened mine it didn’t budge. It was already in its happy place. Luck of the draw I guess.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Broken Exhaust Bracket   Broken Exhaust Bracket Icon_minitime1Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 am

I weld repaired mine a couple of times , still cracked. Last effort involved extra plating with 25 mm stainless steel. Also, assemble and leave the hanger mount bolt under gearbox loose.  wriggle the heck out of it before tightening clamps. Check to see how the rubber shock mount under gearbox looks, does it have a gap ? If so, fill space with a washer or two as needed. IE: Take as much preload out of everything and it should be good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Broken Exhaust Bracket   Broken Exhaust Bracket Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:05 am

Had this break in my new to me 2013 with only 10K miles. Welded up but expect it to break again. Definitely under designed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Exhaust Bracket   Broken Exhaust Bracket Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Broken Exhaust Bracket
Page 1 of 1