GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I went down.

Go down 
+17
Steak
Blue
Andy in NZ
Phang
LBC Tenni
plantboy
DungeonMaster
Canyon Carver
Ralf z
tocino
opc
Oz1200Guzzi
Bill Hagan
Pete Roper
CPB
beetle
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Just had a low speed get-off. Buggered RH valve cover, more scratches on CARC, more scratches on oil cooler cover, buggered mirror and bent rear brake lever. No damage to self other than pride. Low speed turn on dirt. Front end gave way and I went down like a bag of shit.

The tank vent system works, 'cos she wouldn't turn over until I vented.

Bloody heavy cahn of a thing too. I'll be useless for the rest of the day now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Bummer. Sorry to hear about your get-off. But as is said....you're ok. That's what is important.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Got rocker cover in stock I think? Want me to order a brake pedal? I can send e' all over with those exhaust gaskets. Alternatively I have a customer from Wagga who's Bellagio needs to go back to him. I could drop it over, drag your beast back to bunged end and take the forks in to Laurie while I sort the scratches out.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Condolences, but better than it might have been.

As for "heavy," just had my third (and finally successful) hernia surgery brought about by my trying to pick my (heavy) beast up from the pavement last year.

Pride is easily bruised, but doesn't take surgery to come back ... try beer!  cheers

Seriously, sorry for that event.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Bummer Mark - at least you will ride again, and soon! See you in a few weeks...
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Well that sucks. Glad only your pride is hurt. I'm sure you'll have the beastie back on the road in short order -- after a little recuperation and maybe an adult beverage. Cool
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Glad you're OK!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Got rocker cover in stock I think? Want me to order a brake pedal? I can send e' all over with those exhaust gaskets. Alternatively I have a customer from Wagga who's Bellagio needs to go back to him. I could drop it over, drag your beast back to bunged end and take the forks in to Laurie while I sort the scratches out.

Pete

I want to wait until after the lake Conjola run before I get the front suspension tweaked. I have some old valve covers from the previous downings that I'm prepping for powder coating. The damaged one isn't leaking yet, so I'll get these others coated sooner rather than later. I'm going to try some heat on the brake lever. It worked last time, so I'll let you know.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Quote :
As for "heavy," just had my third (and finally successful) hernia surgery brought about by my trying to pick my (heavy) beast up from the pavement last year.

Bill, I near busted my poople valve lifting her up. The last couple of times I went down, I picked her up easy. Must have been adrenalin. This time, I moaned and panted and heaved and may have given myself a hernia. I had to sit down for 10 minutes after getting her back on the sidestand.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Bugger.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Sucks, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:43 pm

When I dropped mine recently in the mud, just outside my shed, it was a prick of a thing to pick up, especially because the wheels kept sliding in the mud!

Yes, you feel like klutz but any drop you walk away from, even low speed, stupid ones, is a good drop!

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:49 pm

That just sucks to hear Beetle. I'm glad you didn't get banged up any worse.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Thing is, if you ride regularly, these sort of fuck-ups occur. The win is not having a serious fuck-up! Very Happy!

I'm amazed I haven't done myself more damage over the years. Last nasty one was on the Cali 14 last year when I managed to trap my foot under the floorboard doing a U-turn. That smarted a bit and fucked about a fortnight of the holiday. Wouldn't of happened if we'd been on the Mana! Grizzle, moan!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Glad you are ok!

Sorry to hear about the drop. Reminds me of the damage taken by my bike back in June after an accident. Hope it is repaired soon so you can get back on er again in short order.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Well mate, at least you are okAs for hernias, never had one but the G is a heavy girl. I just rode about 200kms today in a large group ride charity run and I'm absolutely knackered - all the result of heat (36 C), strong winds, being slowed by lard-arse cruisers on twisty and rough back roads, lack of adequate hydration etc.  

Just finished pushing the beast arse into my shed, a tricky manoeuvre at the best of times and no-way would I have wanted to pick her up if she had chosen to lay down.  Earlier today compared notes with a HD Sportster rider who really liked her Harley because the weight was so low-down and it was the the first bike she had owned that allowed her to flat foot.  But no way could I entertain a Harley and guess I will just have to live with the GRiSO being a bitch to whell around, back-up etc. Apologies for the minor rant.  I need to lay down now.

Last edited by plantboy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:46 am

Glad the G took the lumps for you. I'm sure you'll have her back in top shape shortly.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:00 am

A bit of heat and the rear brake lever is straight again. I started her up and the ding in the valve cover isn't leaking, so she might still be rideable until I get the other covers powder coated. Not much to be done about the scratches on the CARC, and the oil cooler cover was already scratched from the previous get-off. It will get re painted or powder coated eventually. Chuck on a new mirror and she'll be sweet. I think I have spare speculum. Worse case, I'll chuck the Aprilia mirrors on.

The bit that annoys me most is the chip in the finish of the cylinder cooling fin at the top. Curse!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:13 am

I am glad you are alright mate Basketball
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:20 am

Thanks for all the glad tidings guys!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:22 am

Mate, a spot of devcon and trim with a points file plus a faint squirt of the appropriate shade of black and none will be the wiser.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 am

ghezzi wrote:
Mate, a spot of devcon and trim with a points file plus a faint squirt of the appropriate shade of black and none will be the wiser.

Thumbs Up

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:14 am

All my bikes carry what I think of as honourable battle scars. It's one of the reasons I'm not weird about cleanliness or originality. New is nice but a patina of use is an indicator of actions galant!

Pete
Back to top Go down

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:19 am

Id rather keep the battle scars on my leathers than my bike.
On reflection, 8 ribs broken in 12 places, dislocated and broken collar bone, and a collapsed lung was my last effort. Sorry, don't need any reminders.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:15 am

Hells Bells ghezzi. Last time I took a big hit I only fractured 5 ribs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I went down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I went down.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: