GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I went down.

Go down 
+17
Steak
Blue
Andy in NZ
Phang
LBC Tenni
plantboy
DungeonMaster
Canyon Carver
Ralf z
tocino
opc
Oz1200Guzzi
Bill Hagan
Pete Roper
CPB
beetle
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

I went down.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Great to hear you are both up and running again Beetle.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Thing is, if you ride regularly, these sort of fuck-ups occur. The win is not having a serious fuck-up! Very Happy!

I'm amazed I haven't done myself more damage over the years. Last nasty one was on the Cali 14 last year when I managed to trap my foot under the floorboard doing a U-turn. That smarted a bit and fucked about a fortnight of the holiday. Wouldn't of happened if we'd been on the Mana! Grizzle, moan!

Pete

I'd forgotten that, Pete.

My brother had the same thing happen to him recently -- tho, happily for him, trapping more the toe of his boot than actual foot -- while doing a sharp hairpin on a N.C. mountain backroad.  He was quite literally stuck for about 15 minutes before two bubbas extricated him.

It may sound odd "unless you've BTDT," but Michael was leaned to the left on an uphill turn and lost forward motion.  He was lucky to have the Cali fall left into the camber, as a right-side drop would have sent him and the Cali tumbling down an embankment!  Shocked

It is one heavy motorcycle.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Yer not kidding! While it is undoubtably a great 'Cruiser' owning and riding it was one of those things that I have now done and have no desire to repeat. Certainly the motive package is outstanding but the primitive suspension and the way it handled just left me feeling?? I don't know? Empty somehow. Quite simply it didn't inspire passion like the GRiSO does and nor did it have that spark of *Unusualness* that we enjoy so much about the Mana. As soon as the novelty had worn off we found ourselves looking at each other and saying, "That would of been much more fun on the Mana!". The Cali also simply can't do dirt, at all! Anything other than sealed tarmac and it feels positively unsafe! Not the bike for me, or my partner!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:12 pm

Sorry to hear this beetle.

Last edited by Bluesun9 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:55 pm

The namesake GRiSO surely had scars. Battle wounds are cool!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Sorry to hear that Bluesun. What a bastard of a taxi driver. I wasn't physically hurt, but the pride takes a beating. I hope your ribs are OK.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:45 pm

More worried about the bike. I'll be alright after a few days hopefully.

Last edited by Bluesun9 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Damn, feel bad Beetle.
On a fun note... can you build a map to prevent that? Very Happy
Glad you're not even brushed up.
My fear with low speed wipe outs is on the left side and having your leg caught under the exhaust... almost happened to the wife.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:27 am

These bike tip over way to easy. Razz Mine went over, again, while parking it. The CB caught it (side stand must have slipped while huffing it forward. Took out the lense for the rear signal. Luckily, Greg Bender had sold me some bits for the Quota, among them some blinkers. Stole a couple of them and I was right as rain.

But last year I went in at speed on gravel. Took out my RH collar bone. Never did heal up. Brake pedal was a pretzel, hole wore through the valve cover, CARC scratched a bit and that was about it. Those headers/valve covers could use some wear bars!

I've also found picking up the bike is pretty easy when at home on the grass or sidewalk. Out in the real world, not so much. sigh. The Quota was a real bitch to pick up.

Hopefully you'll be none the worse for wear shortly and you can then brag about how tough you and the bike are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:53 am

Glad you're ok thats the main thing . I had a lowside recently with only a couple of scratches on knee and elbow and $160 in parts we are both as good as new. I did a foliage run here on Sunday with over 120 participants and the GRiSO was one of the bikes most were admiring. Most asking if it was new so I'm pretty glad we are back to where we were before the off
Back to top Go down
TRw1
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
TRw1

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:21 am

Mark,

Glad you are ok and the damage is minor.

Ted
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 am

+1 good you're ok.

These things do fall over easy once the jugs start swinging. The butt on seat squat lift works well, if the ground is flattish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went down.    I went down.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I went down.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: