GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA

Go down 
+9
Steak
sidrat
Guzziboy66
keenerkeen07
DungeonMaster
garyclem
Canyon Carver
Oz1200Guzzi
LBC Tenni
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah, Guzzi riders are a funny bunch for sure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:24 pm

Forget about increasing production or growing the brand. How about simply selling what is on showroom floors? The fact that Grisos can sit there for months with the relatively low sticker price is evidence that something is terribly wrong.

And yes Ghezzi, I'm very glad that the GRiSO found me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:30 pm

I don't know the costs involved but I would think that Guzzi should run a TV advert that shows a collage of their offerings - not just one commercial for an individual model.

DM
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:55 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
Forget about increasing production or growing the brand. How about simply selling what is on showroom floors? The fact that Grisos can sit there for months with the relatively low sticker price is evidence that something is terribly wrong.

And yes Ghezzi, I'm very glad that the GRiSO found me. Very Happy

yes that is the fact.....such a waste.. they should sell as well as any other bike maybe better, and not just for old guys like me Cool

maybe some day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm

The whole (hole) reason I don't ride Harley/BMW/Honda is they are like arseholes, everybody has one.
I like to be different, .................................. hell, I AM different.

If Guzzi become popular, normal or mainstream, I would have to ride a Cossac. Then I'd rather be dead.
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Ah, I don't think the Long Beach show is as bad as the Seattle version. Of course, I only go to test ride bikes, so I don't feel so bad about the pirate-wear merchandising.

Very surprised Momma MG is passing up the show, but it doesn't upset me, I have my bike. While I wish MG were financially stronger and had a larger, better dealer base, I get that this is simply "the way things are done" by this brand. Oh well.

On the same note, I stopped by Pro Italia a few weeks ago and was disappointed to see not one Moto Guzzi sign outside the dealership... But they definitely had large Triumph and KTM signs lit up. I even mentioned it to one of their employees and they said they hadn't noticed...! Again, oh well.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:37 pm

The EuroMoto show that Steak refers to is a direct response to the lameness of the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle. The IMS gets thinner, weaker and more anemic every year and the sunglasses/apparel/purse vendors far outnumber the motorcycle dealers. The EuroMoto show is truly a local show with local vendors focusing on everything that isn't Harley/Honda/Yamaha/Etc. It's much more personal and intimate and you can actually talk to the folks who know their products. Great show. And as he pointed out, most of the local dealerships offer test rides on every model available. Dave Richardson (owner of Moto International and author of Guzziology) told me that they stopped participating in the IMS when Piaggio insisted that the local dealers pay for their own booth space and the staffing of same. He felt, and I agree with him, that that is completely unfair and ass backwards. Not to mention unsupportive and disloyal of the parent company to not support their dealer network. Besides, as Dave pointed out, they didn't sell any bikes at the show and his dealership is well enough known that anyone interested in a Guzzi will know where to find them.

Finally, I'm just as glad the masses aren't into them, that's one of the things I find most appealing about Guzzis. Those of us who know and love them are therefore "special". And as the famous Italian designer, Massimo Vignelli, who died earlier this year said, "When you're ahead of your time, the logical consequence is that the others are behind you." Now there's a slogan for a t-shirt!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:36 am

"Uh, what kind of bike is that"
"It's a Moto Guzzi"
"Pretty Cool.  Where can I get one?"
"I can't tell you that"
"Don't you know where you got it?"
"Oh, I know where I got it, I just can't tell YOU where..."
"Dude, that's messed up.  Why can't you tell me?"
"Well - not just anyone can have a Guzzi and if I told ya, I'd have to kill ya..."

Eric
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:01 am

ghezzi wrote:
I would have to ride a Cossac.
I had to Google that Smile never heard it before.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the IMS show is crap. I only go because its usually snowing here in NYC when its on
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:28 pm

i've heard stories that to go on the nationwide IMS tour it is over 6 figures. Trailering accross the nation, building displays, hiring, and expesive space rental. Often the ROI is just not there, especially for small mfg's. Triumph and KTM have been hit or miss just as aprilia and MG.

The euro moto show in Seattle is nice. Bike show for bikers. Test rides included

Last edited by odder on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:35 pm

It seems opinion has it that the IMS tour is like a traveling circus and we are the clowns.
clown
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Rather succinct description.
I like to go for the demo rides. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:19 pm

OK, so did anyone find anything of interest at the show? silent
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:18 pm

The new Yamaha R1 is a thing of beauty. Was hoping to demo one, but was told the production bikes won't be in country until March 2015. Salesman said I'd better put my deposit down now, lol.

I demo'd the 2014 R1, first time I've been on a modern super bike. Never got higher than 7k rpm, and never shifted higher than third. AND never put the bike in "A" power mode (sport setting). What a ridiculously capable speedster. I set the bike in its "B" or rain mode and it still had plenty of pucker factor. Insanely light flywheels let the engine spin up super fast. Just a plain kick in the pants to ride. It's also a nut roaster. In our 15 minute ride, the mid section of the bike got right toasty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA   Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Progressive International Motorcycle Show Long Beach, CA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2