GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I am a goose

Go down 
+5
Pete Roper
beetle
Ralf z
Street
wardest
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Having never owned a Guzzi before the GRiSO I am still finding Nuances that I sure more experienced Guzzi owner would know all about (much to my demise)

To paint the picture.
I am about to depart a café (grey gum putty rd) , the bike has been wheeled back off the parking hard stand onto the hard packed sand.

I am sitting on the bike ,kick stand down , the bike idling as I affix helmet gloves etc.

I stand the bike up with the bike slightly weighted onto my right thigh and leg.  Handle bars turned slightly to the right.
As I stretch my left foot to kick the stand up, I kick the bike into first gear.

The bike lurches forward and to the the right loading up the right leg. The right foot slips  and I find I cant hold 220 plus kilograms from the effect of gravity. Even with many four lettered incantations. The bike goes down albeit controlled.

With the bike lifted back up no damage except my pride has taken a massive hit.

Very embarrassed  in front of a dozen other riders I continue my ride.

I now have a new routine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Only redeeming factor of the day. Mint CBR 1100R circa 1980s

Last edited by wardest on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:30 pm

It takes a big man to admit he's a goose!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:39 pm

After all the years riding I'm sure we all have a similar story to tell.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Tee hee. Murphy's law will always make shit like that happen in front of a crowd of bikers.

At least the bike wasn't scratched up (I hope) and of course, you'll never be able to go back there again. Embarassed

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:37 pm

If you go to Wagga you can find Beetles place by following the line of gouges in the road and the trail of busted rocker cover pieces! Very Happy

Pete

PS. One of the reasons mine looks so beat-up is because I keep flinging it into the mud in the spoon drain outside my garage at home Rolling Eyes . The mud is so soft at the moment I never break or bend anything but I really ought to leave it at work. Knowing my luck it would get a car dropped off a hoist on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:22 pm

We have all done something similar mate.  Mine happened in the first month of ownership, running in neutral searching for the side stand tang when my boot heel kicked her down into first.  Fortunately my routine requires me to be holding the front brake firmly on, so only a small lurch to stall and no falling about.  Only slightly embarrassing and not nearly as obvious as having to crawl out from under 240kgs of GRiSO. Smile
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:54 am

Part of GRiSO's mystery for me is how it can be so nimble at speed and so incredibly awkward when parked. I too am still getting used to the unconventional placement of the stand. I'm constantly reminded by GRiSO not to get cocky or it'll take a dive.
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Guzziboy66

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:25 am

Compared to my Sport 1100 - the GRiSO stand is a joy.

Eric
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:38 am

What a bummer. It happened to me while attempting to put the stand down. I normally switch it off before I'm parked, but didn't on that occasion. Luckily, no entertainment for the spectators. I still like the unconventional side stand position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I am a goose Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a goose   I am a goose Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I am a goose
Page 1 of 1