GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Key Code recovery

Go down 
+16
ecs
seeseetv
Grisonut
mark111
Bill Hagan
jean cool
fmrima
pauldaytona
MrButter
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
beetle
DungeonMaster
The Saint
Pete Roper
fredfrenzy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:28 am

My newly acquired GRiSO 1100 came with two keys...first works fine,but the 2nd prompts for a key code when I insert it. Is their a way to recover a key code? Or register this key with the GRiSO. Not sure why this one wasn't registered with the bike.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:24 pm

If it isn't being recognised it will be a problem if you don't know your user code.

When you first turn the key on do you get a message on the dash saying 'Don't forget to insert your user code?' If not then one has already been inserted and without knowing that you can't re-code.

You can try going into 'Code Recovery' but if one of the keys isn't being recognised it may not function as I believe it relies on two keys being recognised.

Pete
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Its not the persnal code prompt.

Tats what I was afraid of. I'll try the recovery and see if it works. Bought used from dealer so I'll call him when he's open.

Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:18 am

Before you try recovery see if the correct code is 00000 or last five digits of your VIN, provided previous owner hasn't changed it. Just in case you imobilise it. As Pete suggested, I think you need two recognisable keys to recover the code. Since you have one working key, maybe it's best to get your dealer to program the other.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:46 am

Dealer can't programme the key. You'll have to find a locksmith who can clone the second one.
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:31 am

OK guys..problem resolved, I figrued out how to setup the keys in the service menu.  I now have two working keys...thanks for all the pointers.

First, I found that my customer code was indeed set to the last digits of the VIN.  Steps to program keys:

-  Go to menu and select Diagnostic.  This will prompt for the dealer service number.  Enter the one for a GRiSO  12425  

-  Go down diagnostic menu until you see Change Key and select.   This prompts for user code:  00000 if never set.  Mine was the last 5 digits of the VIN number  Enter that.

- Will prompt to insert a key and start a timer countdown.  Remove Key and place key you want to use in ignition.  Display will say Memorized Key and countdown will continue.

- Insert the next key (note this clears all memorized keys, so you must program both your keys).  A maximum of 4 keys are allowed.  

-  When you see Memorized Key for the last key, let the countdown go to zero.

Now both keys are programmed.   Don't need no stinking dealer...
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Glad you got it sorted mate.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 pm

12425?
NOW you've done it!!!
You have leaked The Great Mystery.
All is Lost.

DM
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:41 pm

The banner on the forum wasn't enough?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:28 am

shhhhhh
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
12425?
NOW you've done it!!!
You have leaked The Great Mystery.
All is Lost.

DM

Already leakded by Snowdon from the NSA archives....
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:22 am

Well I'm screwed Evil or Very Mad I finally received a couple of keys from AF1 and had them cut, but the code on the rosso ( Bought with only one key ) isn't 00000 or the vin digits. So now to find someone who can clone keys locally ? I'll find out who had this demo bike and offer hookers or single malt liquor as a bribe to obtain this code Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:46 am

Ron, my (ex) dealer set mine to 11111. You could try 00000 through to 99999 to see if you can jag one of them...
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:01 am

Unfortunately no, read one of your earlier posts and tried that already. What kind of A-Hole would do this to such a nice person as myself Rolling Eyes Razz
I'll look for someone to clone one of my spares then with two keys I should be able to Reset the code - yes ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:07 am

Is this the Rosso dash? If so I can try and pester the importer but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Cloning would be the way to go. Having said that when I tried to have it done in Canberra all the locksmiths looked at me as if I was really dodgy! Can't imagine why. I think things have moved on from there though.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MrButter
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MrButter

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:20 am

I had the same problem, frigged about with codes for hours, in the end managed to get a local locksmith to clone a spare transponder to put with the uncoded generic spare key I had.

Only did it this way as he was being a knob about coding a key he hadnt cut,´and wanted to charge me 75 bucks for a complete new key... so I bought a new transponder for 10 euro and he seemed happy with that - Spanish logic... but its what makes it so great here...
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Success              After a couple of wasted Hours over several days, guessing the code the importer may have used I managed to Snag it Very Happy Shocked cheers drunken Viva la Fiesta Thumbs Up
The Key Blanks I bought from AF1 work perfectly too. About $90 oz from memory and $60 to have them cut...................... And then there were Three.....
Whoo Hoo    Dash now recoded to something I can remember ( might get it tattooed somewhere )
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:27 pm

just write it on the ownersmanual
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 pm

That was a intended as a Joke Paul Tee Hee, No Tattoos here, I hate needles Laughing
Back to top Go down
fmrima
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fmrima

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:16 am

My bike came with only one key. I acquired a pair of blanks from the dealership, but they don't cut them. I can't find anyone else to cut them. Does anyone know of a car key it resembles? I've tried the Fiat, Toyota, and Honda dealerships, but none of them can cut the Guzzi key.
Any clues?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:46 am

If you only have one key you'll need to not only get it cut but get it cloned as well unless you know the user code for your bike. Do you have the user code?

Pete
Back to top Go down
fmrima
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fmrima

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If you only have one key you'll need to not only get it cut but get it cloned as well unless you know the user code for your bike. Do you have the user code?

Pete

I don't have the code. It's been reset. It's not the last 5 of the VIN and it's not 00000.
The dealership told me to come back after cutting it for programming, I'm hoping they have a master key or can reset the code.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Unfortunately no. To recover the code you need two keys. To programme the dash to recognise a new key if you only have one you need the user code. As it is you'll need to get the blank cut and then cloned from the first key.

Pete
Back to top Go down
fmrima
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fmrima

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Unfortunately no. To recover the code you need two keys. To programme the dash to recognise a new key if you only have one you need the user code. As it is you'll need to get the blank cut and then cloned from the first key.

Pete

I read somewhere that it's a T5? code and many locksmiths can clone it. Is that correct? One place i went to said they couldn't do it. Is cloning a simple matter?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:59 pm

To be brutally honest I have absolutely no idea!Very Happy

I had the devil of a time finding a place to do mine but that was eight years ago and Canberra, despite being the National Capital, is really just a small provincial town full of hicks and hacks!

I imagine any fairly large city would have a locksmith equipped to do the job.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Key Code recovery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key Code recovery   Key Code recovery Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Key Code recovery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next