GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ecu Code 50 Help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve800
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Steve800

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Help can you help, a dumb question I know, my 2006 GRiSO 1100 is throwing up the service light and the only error code I can see is 50, which is battery high. Does anyone know a fix other than getting a new battery obviously.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Have you checked the voltage at the battery with a multimeter? Also clean all the major earths and battery terminals.
Back to top Go down
Steve800
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Steve800

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm

No I haven't checked with a multimeter as I'm a bit of a Luddite with things like that, I will try to figure out how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Steve800
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Steve800

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi,

I’m getting nowhere really with this so any help from experienced type would be massively appreciated.

I have cleaned all, the connections, put on a new battery, checked the earths, had the alternator checked and had a new diode fitted to it.

I’m at my wits end. The runs great whilst static, but once ridden the the voltmeter on board goes up from 13,8 whilst ridden it rises and the the service light code 50 comes on. The last reading I see before the light comes on is 14,2 V.

Please help or anymore suggestions as to where to seek further help would be massively appreciated.

Steve
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 pm

I have to say Steve mine sits at 14.1 and sometimes 14.2 on a regular basis, but in reality it is telling an untruth as it reads too high. It would be usefull to stop riding the bike when the code comes on and it is reading 14.2 to attach a multimeter and se what the actual reading is
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:36 am

Steve800 wrote:
No I haven't checked with a multimeter as I'm a bit of a Luddite with things like that, I will try to figure out how to do it.

It's not hard to measure the battery voltage with an external meter. If you can't do this, then perhaps you should take it to a dealer or some other service center.
Back to top Go down
Steve800
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Steve800

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:39 am

I have checked it with a multimeter it reads a max of 14.1 volts when being ridden on the multimeter. It ideals at 13.8 volts. By the way you are right it’s not difficult to check with a multimeter which is why I bought one and did it.

The bike has been checked by a mechanic and the alternator has been checked out and bench tested by an auto electrician who reports all in order.

I’m at a loss as what to do next, I wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem. When it first appeared I thought it was Italian character and cleaned all the connections. No joy at all.

Maybe I should have been clearer.

So connections checked and cleaned, earth likewise. Additional earth from alternator added. Battery checked and ok. Never tops 14.1 v on multimeter but seems to be higher on the on board voltmeter. Alternator checked by professional and diode replaced just to be on safe side.

Only does when being ridden but can not get it to do this while running and ticking over.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:18 am

I'm going to go full-nerd. Assuming wiring, battery, alternator et al, are all good, I suggest putting a diode in the ECU supply. The assumption being the voltmeter in the ECU is possibly reading high. The diode will have a 0.7V voltage drop, which may be enough to prevent the error. Any diode rated at 5A should suffice. Do not use a Schottky diode.

The good news is that the 1100 has the perfect place to add the diode, fitted at the factory. Under the seat, you will find a plug with a loop in it. This is the 12V supply to the ECU. See pic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steve800
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Steve800

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:31 am

Excellent thanks that I will get onto later this week, again thanks a million
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ecu Code 50 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecu Code 50 Help   Ecu Code 50 Help Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ecu Code 50 Help
Page 1 of 1