GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 pm

This modified Termi I think you would definitely describe as 'Basso Profundo'. Seriously. However, I find myself cringing as I ride out of town. There's a tosser up the road with a stupidly loud Harley and I reckon all the neighbors must be thinking "great, another one". I have to go way out on the back roads to do the runs because at high revs it becomes a raucous din. Awesome, yes. For me? No.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:31 pm

It was a little more subdued with the cat in but still had a 58mm ID exit. With the cat having escaped, the leading edge of the baffle now flared out to catch all of the exhaust gas and the exit ID now down to 51mm I thought it would be somewhere near usable ...... but now it could be I have shifted from "reasonably confident" to "LOOK AT ME YA CAHNS" with the volume of the music

Now that I know the dimensions of the 2 exhaust valves at 28mm mid seat diameter, my calculations suggest the single muffler exit should be 40mm ID - maybe even a touch smaller down to 38mm ID due to cooling of the exhaust gas.

We'll see ..... all in good time .... (I thought the "matrimonial deafness" condition was a temporary and selective skill - seems my hearing of certain noxious irritating noises could have become a permanent and broader deficit)
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:34 am

Today
Just got my Carbtune and cables.
Had a play, but a problem
My tablet, a MS Surface will not accept zip files and will not open exe files.
Some work needed to get passed these issues.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:45 am

Lenz9753 wrote:
beetle wrote:
Actually, it sounds awesome. The note at idle is brutally beautiful. But it is bloody loud! I couldn't ride a long distance with it.

De earplugs mon - de earplugs ! You be feelin de MUSIC not hearin it !!

re the sounds of awesome , don't know if you have ever tried this but, have a mate ride your bike by at medium to full throttle so you can hear it , its good to hear your bike from a street level it may surprize you as to what it really sounds like to everyone else Cool
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:12 am

The first time I rode my GRiSO with Len's Termi, my wife says to me: "Fuck that's loud". Twisted Evil

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:22 am

Oh Nooos - You buggers are gangin up on me -  Sad

If I was a sensitive little flower I'd say thank you for your polite and caring input ........ BUT because I'm basically a narcissistic, "white noise calloused" genius / lunatic, ( the ex-wife just shortened it to CUNT ) the exhaust music is only too loud if it bothers ME  pirat  

Mark if you can tolerate the noisy fucking thing for the duration of the map development I would be very grateful. Rolling Eyes

What is emerging as a plan is to run the "51exit / noisey" map for FUCK THE LOT OF YERS - I DON'T CARE outings when LOUD is FAST and also run a "40exit" map for the I'M A RESPONSIBLE MOTORCYCLIST outings ...... which variant do you think will get the most runtime ..... Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:28 am

Due to the ex-wife's colourful description of your boundless talents, I'd hazard a guess the FTLOY-IDC variant will, in due course, become set and forget.
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:42 am

ghezzi wrote:
Due to the ex-wife's colourful description of your boundless talents, I'd hazard a guess the FTLOY-IDC variant will, in due course, become set and forget.

So eloquently put Sir - high probability indeed I would think ....

I DO care it's just sometimes I really don't
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:14 am

I checked my valves last night (2012 SE, flat tappets, 9k miles), and they were @ .006" & .008", exactly where I set them 3k miles, and 6 states ago. No mayo! (Motul 10/60)
I, and the Tenni, are happy campers!
She's getting a sooty dB killer, and my clothes smell like burnt premium gas after a long ride - rich? I'm running a ver 1.0 Beetle map, CO -0.2
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Very 1.0? Need more data. Do you still have a copy of the map?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:26 am

beetle wrote:
Very 1.0? Need more data. Do you still have a copy of the map?

Yep.  Will send it tomorrow from work. Actually, I sent it your way in March. You said it was a Nov '13 map?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Ah! Yes, it's come back to me now. You've got a Mistral Oval ('low Mistral'). That map is still not done, and it's being built with a roller GRiSO. There will be a working version in early September, but whether it will work on a flat GRiSO is another question.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:00 am

I went plunging into my storage locker that all my household goods are imprisoned.
I did find a few goodies I need but not the tail tidy fender eliminator that I was going to have Sean install for me.
Bugger.
When I dropped my GRiSO off for Sean to do my oil pump and fork oil he asked me "why is the db killer still in your Ago can?"

I am starting to get a bug up my ass about becoming anti-social. Smile
I love an unfettered V-Twin.

DM
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:17 am

Today I checked my front tire pressure.

Why you ask? (OK, you didn't)

Spent the weekend riding around West Virginia - great roads if you get the chance. Some of the ones we were on qualified more as paved goat paths Smile

Coming through a short construction zone at one point where they've scraped off the top of the tarmac for resurfacing, the car in front of us does a violent swerve to the right to avoid a ATV ramp in the road. The metal kind that looks kinda like a curved ladder. It fell off of the trailer of the guy in front who was pulling a four-wheeler and (at this point) only had one ramp on there. Although it looked like it was about to slide off too.

Unfortunately I was in a position to not see it in time and have enough "swerve room" to avoid it (somehow these things always end up perpendicular to the road so they're as wide as can be Smile) so I stood up on the pegs a bit and enduroed it. Two others ended up going over it and we pulled over to check wheels, etc.

Later after stopping for dinner a few miles from home, I went into a turn and WTF!? something's restricting the forks. Or is the rear end? It was ridable but something wasn't right. Checked it again and things looked fine so I rode the few minutes home. As I get near my street I think "It feels just. like. low. tire-pressure" Hmmmm. This morning I check: 15 lbs. in the front. What's weird is it was fine all day after my "ramp-shenanigans" (although looking back maybe it wasn't handling 100%; but definitely not that bad) so maybe the dinner stop allowed the tire to cool and let air escape? I dunno. I filled it up to 35 lbs. and will check it tonight.

What's most annoying (well, besides potentially crashing / worrying I have a bent rim / bad spoke) is that Mr Dipshit sure had no problem securing his giant Confederate flag to his truck but didn't have enough brains to make sure two 5+ foot-long metal objects wouldn't come off his flat bed.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

Maybe it wasn't an accident after all. There is that expression, "The south will rise again!" Suspect
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 am

My best guess is a bent rim ... Mad
As far as MR.Dip shit goes ,he was probably smoking his lunch and combined with an already dull mind you were lucky his ATV didn't fall off his trailer...
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:38 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
you were lucky his ATV didn't fall off his trailer...

Then I'd have 4 spare wheels! Smile
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:48 pm

tocino,
Check all of the spoke tensions before you do anything else.
My front wheel was loosing pressure, a few psi in a couple of days after travelling on some rough roads (plenty of them here in Oz). My experience would suggest the rims are pretty tough.
After retensioning the spokes the leaks stopped, I had purchased spare nipples and O rings to fix the leaking items but haven't needed to use them since retensioning..
I recently rechecked them with a spoke tension wrench and all bar 8 spokes on both wheels needed a nip up. I had done around 4,000 km since I last checked them so maybe this is something we should be checking regularly to ensure the remain correctly tensioned.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:48 am

mark111 wrote:
tocino,
My front wheel was loosing pressure, a few psi in a couple of days after travelling on some rough roads (plenty of them here in Oz). My experience would suggest the rims are pretty tough.

Thanks - I'll try that. Checked the pressure again late last night and it had gone back down to 15psi, so that's 20 psi lost in about 15 hours.
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:00 am

mark111 wrote:
tocino,
After retensioning the spokes the leaks stopped, I had purchased spare nipples and O rings to fix the leaking items but haven't needed to use them since retensioning..
I recently rechecked them with a spoke tension wrench and all bar 8 spokes on both wheels needed a nip up. I had done around 4,000 km since I last checked them so maybe this is something we should be checking regularly to ensure the remain correctly tensioned.

Any trick to this? I haven't used a "spoke tension wrench" before. Do I need a motorcycle version (a quick Google search brings up a lot that seem targeted at bicycles?)?

I'm losing pressure faster than normal too, so I'm thinking this might be the problem.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:57 am

From recollection the size of the nipple wrench should be 6mm which is bigger than those used for bicycles.
They need to be tensioned  to a specific figure and to do this correctly you need a torque wrench which is usually set in inch/lbs or is accurate at low Nm readings.
This is the type of spoke torque wrench you need to get an accurate setting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - this is example, not a recommendation on what brand to get.
Try dirt bike stores or seek out those used by MotoX teams as they need to regularly tension spokes during race meetings.

They can also be sourced from good motorcycle tool stores/websites, Amazon or even Ebay.

See Alpina Wheels topic for more info:
The nominated 6.8 Nm tension converts to 60 inch/pounds.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best way to do it if the wheels are still on the bike is to jack up the appropriate end and select a specific spoke and mark it with some tape and then select the spoke directly opposite it and also mark this as a reference point.
Start on the first spoke by tensioning to 5 Nm's, if the spoke is already taught then move to the opposite spoke and repeat the process.
Continue tensioning one spoke at a time on opposite sides of the rim by working clockwise from the marked spokes. This will eliminate the risk of rim being misaligned as you are pulling alternatively on each side of the wheel.
Once this is completed repeat the process again at a higher Nm setting until you hit the suggested 6 to 7 Nm range.
Others may have a different way of doing this job but this is my method.
Once this is done get a large tray you can fill with water to a level above the bottom spoke nipples, then  rotate the inflated tyre /rim (40psi), any leaks will show up with bubbles coming from around  leaking nipples.
If everything is ok then reset you tyre pressures and go ride.

If this hasn't resolved the issue, then you will need to remove the tyres and replace the leaking nipple O rings or the nipple if there is damage.
The parts are available from your Guzzi dealer.
Make sure the surfaces are smooth and clean and use an appropriate lubricant on the O rings when reassembling to prevent them from being damaged.
If you have more than one leaker I would do them one at a time and re-tension it before moving on to the next one so that the rim position is maintained.
Also ensure the locking clips are installed on the nipples.

Last edited by mark111 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:14 am

Paid for a 2015 Rosso Nero GRiSO, an Agostini x muffler and the factory service stand. Bring it on.....
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 am

mark111 wrote:

From recollection...

Thanks very much, Mark. That's very helpful.

Charlie J wrote:
Paid for a 2015 Rosso Nero GRiSO, an Agostini x muffler and the factory service stand. Bring it on.....

Congrats. Did you sell the 1100?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 am

Charlie J wrote:

I'll try not to stick the tines of the fork lift through it when it arrives! Twisted Evil

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 am

What I did today was try and get a handle, in a very amateurish way, on what the fuck is happening with the roller cams and their effect on fueling.

Al's map, which as I suspected was closest to what would work with my bike in rollerised form, still gets 'Flat' at the top end. Tried Mark's Mistral/dbk map and it just runs into a brick wall at 6,000 rpm at anything over about 70% throttle. Felt lean so I tried the no dbk map. Still flat but surgey, anyone who follows my ranting a knows 'Surging' seems to cover a multitude of sins but this was really 'Flat'-'Go'-'Flat'-'Go' surging. Really odd. Whatever the roller cams do to the timing they have a radical effect at higher rpm/throttle opening.

Valves are set at 3&5 stone cold and the roller system opens up the gaps appreciably in service so the rollers pas will probably be built with much see settings than the at tappet maps.

This is the stuff that to me is really interesting as it is taking into account the factors that the 'Open the air box/exhaust and throw in more fuel' mob can't see even though it's staring them in the face.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 20 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next