GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+78
850-Nero
alanlemansiv
motografando
raulnorry
Grisodude
jack5092
bioman
JC_Guz89
JonB85
Lazlokovacs
kindoy2
kidsmoke
svru
Robeartato
Tim Henry
BetaSteve
Florida lime
stdunkel
Bill Dee
Andrewpatrol
el capitan
Holger
Nicollini
ratso88
eighteight
Nobleswood
paulbrice
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Guzzi Two Shoes
ssmith996
Dark Helmet
BruPo
bjor
kiwi dave
kubbie
Buellbloke
bandit12
McCarthy1983
janguzzi
Svartipants
Gootzibird13
PilotJet
Kernow
Pawel Spoon
Steak
Bulldog9
Deepdive
GuzziLooper
GuZeee
moby
Chris W
guzziownr
GuzziSteve
DeepSpace
JohnA
Patlikestolean
tazio
Papa Lazarou
sideshowbob
Bill Hagan
Rocket
Leone
lcjohnny
wyno
Richard
Clancy
SMTCapeCod
Dave Swanson
beetle
BowraBoy
Street
Pete Roper
Degs
GhostBullet
rick pope
drburt
Oz1200Guzzi
82 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

What did you do with your GRiSO today? Empty
PostSubject: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:25 pm

Oran Park, now that brings back memories - the wall coming onto the main straight scared the pants off me.

Fun days, now distant memories, to be young again and ride at the old tracks again, including Amaroo Park
Back to top Go down
drburt
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
drburt

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:45 pm

What did I do with my GRiSO today?
I dropped my '15 GRiSO while stopping before leaving a parking lot.
I had been so proud that I had never dropped a bike in my 6 "long" years of riding.
This was a first for me.
The previous owner had done the same thing, so the valvole cover was already scratched and the rear brake lever had already been bent.
I added to the existing damage by breaking off the sacrificial hand brake tip.
Funny thing, I ordered a replacement rear brake lever last week that hasn't come in yet.
Just to have a new one that hadn't been compromised by bending.
I had always wondered what's wrong with people that can't be more careful and drop their bikes.
It's a shameful club for me to be in.
Everybody always said, "it's not if, it's when".
Luckily there was a big brute of a man that helped me pick it up. I wasn't having any luck by myself.
GRiSO is a heavy bitch!
Stay safe!
Brent

Bill Hagan, Badclassicist and NR1961 like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:27 pm

I feel your pain. I've dropped a lot of bikes over the 55 years I've been riding, and it always hurts one's pride. Once I dropped the Henderson in my driveway. Scratched the front fender, but it now matched the other side. I decided at 90+ years old, she'd likely been dropped before, so it's just a little more patina.
Last time I dropped a bike, it was the GRiSO. I was loading it in a box trailer, and strapping it down with new ratchet straps that had a funny latch. I accidentally tripped the latch on the far side of the bike and it flipped over on top of me, pinning me to the spare tire on the floor. It took quite a while for me to squirm free. And yes, I bent the brake pedal.

Bill Hagan, Badclassicist, drburt, SMTCapeCod, NR1961 and Transplant like this post

Back to top Go down
drburt
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
drburt

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:39 pm

Ouch, Rick.
Gravel under foot is what got me.
Luckily I did the splits so I wasn't underneath.
Of course I did the obligatory jump up and look around to see if anybody saw me.

Bill Hagan, NR1961 and Transplant like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:12 pm

have not been able to ride the bike for a while, with NZ in a lock down from this Covid thing.  But did post a video to the YouTube this morning of the last rally attended, being the Last ever Brass Monkey Rally.  

drburt, Buellbloke and NR1961 like this post

Back to top Go down
Degs
Carlotto
Carlotto
Degs

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:14 pm

Fuck fuck fick fuck arse biscuits.  Dropped mine today.  I have a awkward exit from my garage onto a steep hill and the front end slid out. Scratched the valvole cover,  both the black andd silver bits, scratched the ball end of the front brake lever, scratched the rear footpeg
, and bar end .Bruisedmy foot. Passing biker helped me lift it. Thanks mate.
The GRiSO had neverbeen down beforeand its 20 yearssinceI last Dropped a bike, my cbx 750 when I forgot the disk lock. So nothing too bad. Probablydropedthevalueofthebike by £1000.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:50 am

When I bought the written off shitter it had the terribly mangled mountings for the 'Factory' big screen. Sadly they were in an awful state. I basically decided that they were unrecoverable, took 'em off and resigned myself to having to find something else.

Well as we're shut down due to Covid and the Shitter was round at Michael's workshop he suggested I bring the brackets round and let him have a go.

Result?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fact is he's got a lot more patience than I have! And better metalworking skills..... Rolling Eyes Laughing

He's still not happy with it. Bloody perfectionists.

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, JohnA, Clancy and NR1961 like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Looks pretty straight to me!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:59 pm

How effective is the screen Pete? I reckon my Givi one,which you bag, would be more effective.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Look, I like the factory screen. I prefer it to the Dart. Mainly I think that is because I like it's mounting system both structurally and cosmetically.

I've had a variety of screens I've experimented with including a huge National Cycle spinnaker which was very effective but because it was mounted on the steering effected the handling adversely.

Probably the best I've ridden behind is the Givi one that is now NLA, (The A380? Something like that?). I do actually have one but I lent it to Peter in Townsville. When he sells his GRiSO I'll be getting it back and at that point I'll probably get it painter Tenni green (Along with the Shitter's front mudguard which is still black.) as part of my long term GRiSO Turismo project.

Todd? I dunno how effective your screen is as I haven't ridden your bike far enough to assess it. It must wobble about a fair bit though due to its mounting system. That would drive me bonkers.

activpop likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:48 pm

It does wobble a wee bit but I guess I've become accustomed to it. The only time I notice it is if I have to jam on the brakes really hard. I've had it up to 220kph and it works well. I'll be down to collect Gertie just as soon as the NSW and ACT Governments get their act together and allow me the required passage. What do I owe you for the handlebar weights?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:18 pm

Don't worry about it. I bought a second hand pair from TLM, they were only €20 or so, you're getting one and another customer is getting the other. They came out as part of another bigger order. Buy me a beer sometime.
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Cheers mate. Done.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:58 am

Average speed.  Today I averaged 108 k/h over the last 240 km. Little to no traffic,  good roads and black betty had her hurry on.

I had fun, bit saddle sore, I guess I am  out of match fitness. Left at 9.10, got to Coonamble before 4pm. Once past Gilgandra, speed limit changes to 110 - good times. Included slowing down in Dunedoo, Mendooran, Gilgandra, Gulargumbone and Coonamble, to the speed limit

The Sport has this sweet spot starting at 4200 rpm,  that's a tad over $1.20 and just gets better from there. Loved it! Come up behind a truck/4wd, gun it and $1.70 comes up very quickly.

Did I say I had fun? cheers

Last edited by Oz1200Guzzi on Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:02 am

Nice one!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:15 pm

I just did another "tuning run", this time to Pilliga and back, around 180 km. Boy does she drink when consistent $1.40 is spent!

I think I'll invest in a new set of tyres when I get back, front's on the wear marker, rear is not far behind.

Funny I always wore out my rear first, now it's the front. Go figure.

Beetle-san, I have a few loopy bitumen rides in mind, there could be pubs on the way.

I have taken a few photos (nothing like Bill, of course) - there will be a photo essay some time next week. 23 degrees todau, no traffic apart from the odd road train...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:10 pm

If you decide to swap your bodywork over because you don't like the colour it's probably a good idea, when you swap the fuel filler over from one tank to another, to make sure you remember to swap the gasket over as well.

Having swapped the bodywork and forgotten the gasket it's really not a particularly smart idea to leave the bike outside in a torrential two day downpour. It may wash the pollen and bushfire soot that was all over the bodywork off but unfortunately, without the the gasket, it allows a veritable Niagara Falls of water to get into the tank.

Then when you start the bike again after 20 seconds it will splutter and die and of course, you will of just filled the tank after the bodywork swap..... Rolling Eyes pale cheers

Arse!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:34 am

D'oh!

Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:52 am

That's what you get when you hurry shit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
drburt
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
drburt

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:17 pm

Degs wrote:
Fuck fuck fick fuck arse biscuits.  Dropped mine today.  I have a awkward exit from my garage onto a steep hill and the front end slid out. Scratched the valvole cover,  both the black andd silver bits, scratched the ball end of the front brake lever, scratched the rear footpeg
, and bar end .Bruisedmy foot. Passing biker helped me lift it. Thanks mate.
The GRiSO had neverbeen down beforeand its 20 yearssinceI last Dropped a bike, my cbx 750 when I forgot the disk lock. So nothing too bad. Probablydropedthevalueofthebike by £1000.

It's a bad trend we have going here.
It's an awkward/heavy bitch to pick up.
My back is still messed up from trying to lift mine alone last week.
Thank God for those that helped us get our GRiSOs back on their feet.

Brent

Moto degs likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear that mate.

drburt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Went on another tuning run. Lots of dirt roads calling up this way, V85TT Travel will be in its element.

Grisodude likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:30 pm

I maxed out my keys.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:31 pm

Show off!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:22 pm

My Motodemic headlight arrived so I fitted it.

Yes, the mounts on the bucket are a bit too wider for the cradle. This is a pain. Not terrible but a pain and I do feel for the price it should be a direct drop in. I loosened of the bolts that hold the two halves of the cradle to the bottom yoke and the 6mm Allen bolt that holds the two halves together and holding my tongue at the right angle and grunting enabled me to shove it in without damage.

While extremely natty I'm not sure it's working right as the low and high beam seem to work but the halo of LED's don't seem to be illuminating. They whole array does a little dance at key on and with the engine running the two main arrays work but, at least at a standstill, the halo array doesn't seem to illuminate when the bike is leaning.

I'll reach out to the manufacturer. I don't know how 'Clever' it is. Perhaps it only operates when the bike is in motion?

LBC Tenni and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 1 of 35Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next