GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I so wanted to ride into the hills...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I so wanted to ride into the hills... Empty
PostSubject: I so wanted to ride into the hills...   I so wanted to ride into the hills... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:46 pm

With the latest iteration (22) of the map in my ECU,  I decided to go for a blast into the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Alas, it didn't happen. Curse the fates!

As I burbled up the freeway dark clouds started to appear to the South. I thought they looked far enough way to not bother me, and as I didn't have my wet weather gear I wasn't worried. However once on the Snowy Mountains highway, the dark clouds were getting closer. As I got close to Adelong, I ran smack dab into a hail storm. For those who haven't experienced it, riding at high speed through a hail storm is like getting jabbed by hundreds of needles simultaneously. Ouch!

It didn't last long and I dried out pretty quick. But that's not what stopped me. About half way between Adelong and Tumut, there was roadworks that had traffic stopped. As I waited with a few cars and trucks, I watched as those dark clouds loomed over Tumut and the mountains with a very spectacular lightning show.

OK, that'll do pig, I turned around and high-tailed it home! No matter,  I had a blast anyway!

At the top of the hill overlooking Adelong Valley:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On the way home, looking back at what sent me scurrying...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

I so wanted to ride into the hills... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I so wanted to ride into the hills...   I so wanted to ride into the hills... Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:24 am

Bettle
A ride on the GRiSO is a ride on the GRiSO no matter what happens.
Yes done the hail thing not good.

Harry
Back to top Go down

I so wanted to ride into the hills...
Page 1 of 1