GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Returning member!

Go down 
+8
Tassiedevil71
Ralf z
Blue
waterbottle
Oz1200Guzzi
keenerkeen07
beetle
Pete Roper
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Peter got rear ended last year and his bike was written off and he copped a broken back.

Well yesterday I picked this up for him from Canberra.

][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

$12.5K great buy for Oz. Needs a new battery, that's all.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Nice! cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:39 pm

nice bike..love the black ones.... they are slightly faster than any other color ........... Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Mapped it up this arvo, re-set the tappets to 6 & 8, balanced the TB's, stuck my dB killer in the Termi and changed the fat and it's ready to rumble!

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:19 am

A nice buy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:26 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:17 am

Great buy. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 am

Good Job Pete, that is awesome buying, especially considering the pipe and low K's.

Hats off to the new owner, congrates!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:45 am

The bike has an *Interesting* history. I've known it from new. It was the demo bike at the ex dealer in Canberra and when they got the flick it was eventually raffled and the proceeds given to the Liberal party, (Hack! Ptui!). The winner then wanked about with it for a few weeks after which it was sold to the last owner. He called me to ask about service but because I was 'So far away', (40Km-25 miles) he took it to 'A really great mechanic who downloaded something from the Internet to get the idle right' Rolling Eyes . That probably explains why the TPS read 10.4 when I plugged in my tooling!

Luckily this shining beacon of technical genius didn't fuck with anything else in any manner that I could detect. The 'Sacred Screw' and the linkage were both unmollested and a quick balance and TPS re-set made it all sweet again.

Usual story of dB killer having been thrown away because "It goes so much better without it!" And now I can compensate for my percieved inadequacies by making more noise! Rolling Eyes  but apart from that it's not even run in!

There is another 1200 in Canberra Motorcycle Center for a bit more money. It's got fucked tappets. I went in and showed them and said that since it has a full service history I could get a roller top end under warranty and fit it and they'd be golden. It seems they prefer to ignore my advice and will sell it as is, running like a munter and broken. I dunno who their lawyer is but if I was him I'd drop the, as a client!

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:25 pm

I did a test ride back in 2012 on the one you've got for Peter. It was that ride that convinced me that I had to have one for myself. I nearly bought that one and then Beetle and I bought half the raffle tickets for it and still couldn't win it, so I got you to get me one.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Beautiful - nice grab Pete!
Back to top Go down
Lucian
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lucian

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:45 am

Wavy rotors, does that make it an 09? Nice find, low mileage and un messed with gotta love it.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:36 pm

well done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Returning member! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning member!   Returning member! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Returning member!
Page 1 of 1