GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Empty
PostSubject: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Looks like Motorcyclist got a leaky GRiSO a few months back too.

Another case of loose gallery plug it seems? You can see the oil on about the 9th fin down and dripping back rear of oil cooler cover.

Click to enlarge image

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It may be more common with bikes than I realize, but really, it seems retarded that it should happen so frequently with new Grisos only to have Guzzi continue on like nothing is wrong when it can be dealt with so easily.

The review is pretty good but I'm glad the editors left that photo in the review. Perhaps someone at Piaggio / Guzzi may see it and get a clue.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 am

Hell that is the exact same place that mine is leaking. I thought it was the one of the round gaskets in the plug tunnel on the rocker cover. Local Guzzi shop is not interested in it, reckons its all ok. Call me anal but I don't believe oil coming out of a modern engine is normal or ok.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:37 am

Ride up here and let me have a squizz. Can't promise miracles but I can have a look. Don't do it in the next few days though, your testicles will drop off! Shit it's cold!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Converted Duc wrote:
Hell that is the exact same place that mine is leaking. I thought it was the one of the round gaskets in the plug tunnel on the rocker cover. Local Guzzi shop is not interested in it, reckons its all ok. Call me anal but I don't believe oil coming out of a modern engine is normal or ok.

I had what looks like the exact same problem with my 2012 almost immediately after purchasing it. Thought it might be the spark plug gasket / seal too after asking poking around on here a bit. Gallery plugs were not tight. Anyhow, I felt / still feel the same way as you after spending $13,000 on a new bike. Hopefully, you can get yours up to Pete so he can take a look. Maybe it's something else but it looks pretty familiar to me. Sorry to hear your local dealer does not thinks it's important enough to deal with. I'd be finding a different shop as I can't stand blow off answers like that. Then again, I'm sure as I get to know the bike better, I'll now what I can and can't live with re. mechanical issues..

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:27 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Ride up here and let me have a squizz. Can't promise miracles but I can have a look. Don't do it in the next few days though, your testicles will drop off! Shit it's cold!

Pete

Lol I have been wanting to come up for a while but have wimped out due to the weather. Its cold here on the coast I can't imagine what it is like up there. Might wait till it warms up a little....whats that did i hear someone say soft?
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:56 am

Yeah, saw today that it warmed up to -3 today. And that was in the city. Waiting a while sounds good.

Mal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL   Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Love the bike but...GRiSO review shows oil leak too - LOL
Page 1 of 1