GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Fairing

Go down 
+65
BobW981
bhattman
SMTCapeCod
GuzziLooper
tsheep2
Evans
Azdave
KrisPL
tvboy
MalG
rsmike
markymark
Harald
knumbnutz
Nobleswood
alanlemansiv
kiwi dave
Omnis
The Dogfather
rick pope
bahamazoo
GHTE
cognosticator
paulbrice
DeepSpace
Papa Lazarou
kidsmoke
sideshowbob
davem
Dolebludging warmonger
HCSO617
EricS
wyno
Stubbie
moto
2highlander
Cantaloop
ronbo10
Birch
Bulldog9
rboe
Canyon Carver
JohnA
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
sasa
GNORTS
supercoyote
Dilliw
NorthernProducer
Pete Roper
bioman
Bill Hagan
ScottMellor
Daves-i-Know
keenerkeen07
Blue
Lenz9753
H-E-ROSS
beetle
Grisonut
Cereal KLR
Street
Steak
sidrat
69 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Fairings
Yes, as it makes the bike more practical
GRiSO Fairing I_vote_lcap21%GRiSO Fairing I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 42 ]
Yes, but just one of those small screens
GRiSO Fairing I_vote_lcap53%GRiSO Fairing I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 105 ]
No, Just ride the bike at a speed where you don't need one
GRiSO Fairing I_vote_lcap3%GRiSO Fairing I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 6 ]
No, just man up!
GRiSO Fairing I_vote_lcap23%GRiSO Fairing I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 199

AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:00 am

There have been many fairings i have seen on many different GRiSO's and none have really floated my boat, i simply have one of the screens, but i am not a big fan of the looks, as it makes it more cruiser than roadster.

I like the look of the one below, looks like and old Laverda fairing, so my poll says should i keep looking for a fairing, ride a little slower so i don't need one, or simply man up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 am

I can empathize with practicality, but the GRiSO is at it's best without a fairing, from a strictly aesthetic perspective...

Riding a naked roadster is also an experience unto itself.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special

DangWangi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:41 am

I agree that the GRiSO looks best without a fairing, but I find it much nicer to ride behind one. The Givi A770 was a decent enough universal fairing, but is no longer available. After I wrecked that one, I managed to find a Givi A750 on fleabay. It's a little smaller than the A770, but it looks okay too. The so-called fly screens don't really improve the look much to my eye and they don't seem like they'd do much more than keep the bugs off of the instruments.

I recently saw a picture of a Yamaha Stryker with what they call a "Bullet Cowl" and I thought, hmm, don't care much for the bike, but that fairing is pretty sharp looking...

I've been meaning to go look at one at the dealer and take some measurements to see if it could work on the GRiSO, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The fairing is available on Amazon and elsewhere for $317 USD, which sounds pretty expensive to me especially considering that I'd probably have to fabricate some custom mounts and slap a coat of paint on it...

...but I like the lines of it and if it could be made to fit, I think it might look pretty damn good on the GRiSO. In my Photoshop version, the angle and the scale may be a little bit off, but you get the idea.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:21 pm

Whoa, like that bullet cowl idea. Mine has the small Guzzi screen which I would swap out for something like that.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:29 pm

There is one that Honda makes for the fairly new 1100 CB...looks decent. I don't have a picture though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Street, that looks OK. Doesn't look like it may effective at keeping the wind blast off the chest. Form over function?

sidrat, that looks effective but fugly.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:08 pm

How about a LM1 style fairing? I think it might look pretty good on the GRiSO. Street, can you mock that up for us?
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 pm

beetle wrote:

sidrat, that looks effective but fugly.

Sidrats photo is with a V11 LeMans Fairing. I rather liked it on my Lemans, it kept some of the wind and weather off and seemed to be aerodynamic.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Here you go boys. The Le Mans 1 fairing is too roundie-round for the GRiSO, I think. The CB 1100
doesn't look bad, but I still think the more angular shape of the Stryker cowl is a better match for
the GRiSO's aggressive styling. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I think it's worth investigating
further. Beetle may be right that it won't be very effective at keeping wind off the rider's chest,
but it does have a fairly pronounced upward lip, so who knows, that might be all it takes. It's a
shame these fuckers are so expensive. I'm not sure I want to drop three bills plus on a whim,
only to find out it sucks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks for the visuals Street. I think I am going to just live with the do-nothing fly screen while I wait for the new 1200 LeMans. It is hard to add body work and get a unified look that works.
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:08 am

Best thing I've seen to date is the latest DART out of the UK. My choice is the lightly tinted version
The to - do list requires attention ....
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:15 am

I am happy enough with the large Moto Guzzi touring screen. It was on another GRiSO in the dealers but I asked for it as part of the deal and got the rack and tailpack off of another GRiSO that was sitting the other side as well. It was not until I checked it out later that I realised the large screen are hard to come by.

It does a pretty good job and being clear does not take too much away from the overall looks.

Again, it's all a very personal subject! study

bikeseamus likes this post

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:43 am

Blue wrote:
I am happy enough with the large Moto Guzzi touring screen. It was on another GRiSO in the dealers but I asked for it as part of the deal and got the rack and tailpack off of another GRiSO that was sitting the other side as well. It was not until I checked it out later that I realised the large screen are hard to come by.

It does a pretty good job and being clear does not take too much away from the overall looks.

Again, it's all a very personal subject! study

That's funny Ian, I too took off the same screen from a second hand GRiSO in a shop!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:58 am

Haha. Well there you go - if there is a deal to be done you try your luck.

Be interested to see where you go with this - reckon its good to have something that at least protects the speedo's electrickery from good old blighty weather.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am

Blue wrote:
Haha. Well there you go - if there is a deal to be done you try your luck.

Be interested to see where you go with this - reckon its good to have something that at least protects the speedo's electrickery from good old blighty weather.

Ian, I have exactly the same screen as you, as you know. I think it looks good on your bike with the wire wheels and the green, but I don't much care for it on my black one with the standard alloys as it makes it look too much cruiser and not enough raw roadster. I like the naked look, hence the bike! but I need some protection as a trip to Italy next year with everyone else on faired sports bikes, is not a problem from a handling and even top speed proposition but keeping up a decent speed for a week is, it can get tiring.

I think the GRiSO probably doesn't look good with any fairing.....just my thoughts, but I might flush out something I like. I can see that in the end I will keep the screen and simply load up a tank bag to sit behind :-)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:08 am

Fair enough! Well you have your plan b sorted by utilising what you already have. Maybe adding one of those screen extenders - not this, but you get the idea? Fugly, but after a few hundred miles may help you out to get less air pressure. Have you mucked around with the angle of the screen you have very much? Guessing you have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plan A - Maybe as you say, something will show up in your search and you will be sorted. I know what you mean about the sportsbikes as they will just hunker down over the tank and tuck in. At least their tank range is not going to be much different than yours.

Totally get that you want to be cracking on a bit but feel comfy and more able to concentrate on the riding and enjoy the trip. Good idea to be checking options now!

To be fair to the GRiSO the cylinder heads offer a fair amount of protection [ well more than I was expecting ] Good luck with your quest! Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:16 am

affraid tongue
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:30 am

I was just trying to imagine this resprayed!

I will stop now!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:04 am

Blue wrote:

I was just trying to imagine this resprayed!

I will stop now!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Keep going Ian you may hit upon something :-)
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:57 pm

That doesn't suck, Blue, and the price is right, but I think it's a bit blob-shaped compared to the more defined angular profile of the GRiSO's bodywork. I'm stickin' with the bullet cowl idea for now.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:24 pm

I agree Pete, your suggestion is better........visuals like that work so well. Cool
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:39 pm

We aim to please! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:10 pm

I went with the Dart Marlin clear , it works pretty fair and lends to the GRiSO nicely me thinks

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Here's another one that might have some appeal. It's a Yamaha Bolt fairing which to me looks somewhat like the Givi A770 and A750. Again, fitment is an unanswered question, I'm just exploring various options to see if there's anything out there that might take the mighty GRiSO to the next level. So far, I think the Yamaha Stryker Bullet Cowl is the most promising thing I've found...but I'll keep looking.

Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:17 am

Wow, great work, Street! If I had the technical know how to do that I'd avoid a lot of heartache and tears!

For me personally,( which I guess is really the only view each of us can offer!) I have a Dart Marlin

on order. I have used the flyscreen (not OEM, but AF1 Racing) for my tenni almost since the beginning,

but find I need more protection at plus 100kph speeds. I'm hoping that with a clip on for the odd touring

trip, I should be able to be a fairly non-buffeted human.

I did see a few others that may be of interest to Ghettoites. This one is kind of old school, but may suit some.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

A few others; I'm really just trying for something a bit different than whats gone before in this thread. Just for shits and giggles...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />

I guess it comes down to personal taste, to choose form over function, or visa versa. There is a fine line between too little or too much, between going too café or too touring, or going with a windshield at all. No matter what windshield you choose, you are going to alter the appearance
of your GRiSO. Its right there, on the nose of the bike, usually the tallest feature, so its hard to miss! The question is what direction you
want to take it, and if that suits the lines and vibe of the bike.
And I am just throwing these out there to keep this thread going, because  I like looking at windshields! bounce

And finally, for the minimalist....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Fairing
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next