GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Fairing

Go down 
+65
BobW981
bhattman
SMTCapeCod
GuzziLooper
tsheep2
Evans
Azdave
KrisPL
tvboy
MalG
rsmike
markymark
Harald
knumbnutz
Nobleswood
alanlemansiv
kiwi dave
Omnis
The Dogfather
rick pope
bahamazoo
GHTE
cognosticator
paulbrice
DeepSpace
Papa Lazarou
kidsmoke
sideshowbob
davem
Dolebludging warmonger
HCSO617
EricS
wyno
Stubbie
moto
2highlander
Cantaloop
ronbo10
Birch
Bulldog9
rboe
Canyon Carver
JohnA
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
sasa
GNORTS
supercoyote
Dilliw
NorthernProducer
Pete Roper
bioman
Bill Hagan
ScottMellor
Daves-i-Know
keenerkeen07
Blue
Lenz9753
H-E-ROSS
beetle
Grisonut
Cereal KLR
Street
Steak
sidrat
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Fairings
Yes, as it makes the bike more practical
GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_lcap21%GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 42 ]
Yes, but just one of those small screens
GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_lcap53%GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 105 ]
No, Just ride the bike at a speed where you don't need one
GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_lcap3%GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 6 ]
No, just man up!
GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_lcap23%GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 199

AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:41 am

Marky,
I would have liked something like that and looked at lots of options. I came to the quick conclusion that I would have to go to fork mounted low handle bars. That riding position wasn’t going to work for me. I like the look of the one on the Guzzi in the link you sent.
Back to top Go down
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 2:53 am

I have this Puig Retro screen lying around from a leased and returned BMW RNineT that I had for 3 years. (rather than give BMW €12K as a final payment, I handed the nineT back and spent €4k on an 1100 GRiSO instead and have not regretted it - lesson learnt on PCP)

In these pics its roughly cable tied in place over the current Dart flyscreen to see how it looks.

The nineT mountings will not work, I might either try munging it on to the Dart brackets or use the handlebar mounts of the horrendous looking but very effective MRA Universal screen.
Also an obvious immediate issue (pic 3) is that the lower sections of the headlight fairing will make contact with the GRiSO side fairings and would need to be trimmed.
The right side handlebar cables/hoses are also making contact....(edit: actually just the throttle cables and barely)

BTW on the nineT it was pretty effective at reducing wind blast at speed and noise was on the low side.

Thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by rsmike on Thu May 28, 2020 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 5:13 am

I think it looks great. The parabellum scout that I have is made for the GRiSO. It covers the headlight all around but doesn’t have that “pull back”on each side that would hit the wings. If you could cut them off with out mangling the fairing, I think you’d be in business. Mine mounts to the handlebar risers and it also attaches to the sides of the headlight with brackets on each side. I could send pictures if it would help.
Good luck.

TimC likes this post

Back to top Go down
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 8:21 am

Thanks John, I read through the full thread today and I do like your scout fairing, Thumbs Up , this Puig one is not of the same quality ( was about €200 incl shipping). It does look a bit like a smaller version of the scout. The mounting brackets that were to the upper fork clamps and headlight mounting (base of headlight on nineT) made it very secure.

I'll try with the dart and/or MRA mounts first before bothering you for pictures, I think the MRA handlebar clamps would work out similar to your handlebar riser mounts.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 4:52 pm

I have thought about the retro, but hated to spend the money and not have it work out. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 9:39 pm

That has promise, Mike. Have you thought about filling the gap around the headlight rim? I had a similar issue with one of the Givi windscreens years ago and made a ring out of a piece of black hose and tucked it back inside. It was nearly invisible and did the trick nicely.

Re: mounting brackets, I think somewhere in this thread is a picture of how I solved that with the Stryker fairing.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2020 11:33 pm

Making progress, lower "pull backs" trimmed, and the MRA handlebar mounts look promising, these are great as they are infinitely adjustable in all directions:

Hopefully I will get these upper mountings sorted in the next day or two and then need to figure out a lower fixing point and bracket, I see an offset tapped hole looking a possibility under the headlight but have not thought much about that yet.

Street wrote:
That has promise, Mike. Have you thought about filling the gap around the headlight rim? I had a similar issue with one of the Givi windscreens years ago and made a ring out of a piece of black hose and tucked it back inside. It was nearly invisible and did the trick nicely.

Re: mounting brackets, I think somewhere in this thread is a picture of how I solved that with the Stryker fairing.

Yes, I fixed the gap on the 9T with 3M Insulating tape

Think I have some of that still, .....somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 am

Even my scout fairing came with a rubber ring to go around the headlight. Although you should put it up against the headlight, you need the insulation for vibration. What you did on the R9T looked good.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2020 6:35 pm

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2020 7:31 am

OK Prototype install done using MRA handlebar mounts

The arms admittedly look a bit ugly and could be trimmed, however this limits their potential re-usability in the future, so I may just live with that.

lower mounting to either side of headlight bracket (handy tappings available), brackets fabricated from bits of an old Dell computer:

Took it for a test ride and it is as I remember on the 9T, super quiet, with air directed at shoulder level for me and no turbulence, just some wind noise at high speed, but prob not much different to noise with no screen.

Issues
(1) Fairing touches throttle cables, (I wrapped them in self fusing rubber tape to protect from rubbing for now)
(2) Fairing is touching indicators, so could be some wear on inner sides over time

Note: MRA sell the mounting arms separately, they make the fitting relatively easy as there is so much adjustability in every direction and angle.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2020 7:43 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2020 9:22 pm

Nicely done, Mike.

Back to top Go down
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Nice screen on the V7 III Racer!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:18 pm

I'm taking one very similar to the tip this morning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:35 pm

I'm aware that you're not over-enthusiastic about the modern smallblocks, but dumping the whole bike because of some offensive red bits is a little drastic.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Laughing

Now, now Mal....
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:19 pm

yep Mal

^^^^

wot 'e sed!
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:59 pm

rsmike, If you still think the arms are ugly you could slip a length of black shrink tubing or rubber hose, etc to hide the chromy-ness.
I'd avoid using anything adhesive (electrical tape) due to the sticky residue.
You could use split loom tubing so you wouldn't have to remove the parts.

rsmike likes this post

Back to top Go down
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Good tip, I might have some shrink tubing that will fit.......,.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Still contemplating the Puig, The speed screen functions great, but have never liked the looks all that well. So am trying the little screen while thinking on the Puig
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:12 pm

Well, I did it. Got the one for a 900z Kawai. Headlight brackets only needed a spacer, Time will tell if its sturdy enough. Just mounted, no test yet, but I think I like it. Add some color later.

groundhog105, rsmike and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:29 pm

A little snub-nosed maybe, but I like it.

Back to top Go down
rsmike
Carlotto
Carlotto
rsmike

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:47 am

Very neat, that looks like its a better fit for the GRiSO than the R9T one I had, so no mods to the fairing itself required?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:52 am

Looks great. I ordered the striping that goes on the side wings and used it on my parabellum scout to add some color.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:55 am

No mods needed. Stripe kit came with it, just haven't gotten that far yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 11 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Fairing
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next