GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front wheel removal

Go down 
+8
Pete Roper
tvboy
Bill Hagan
WAKEY
rboe
beetle
Grisonut
Triman023
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Front wheel removal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front wheel removal   Front wheel removal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:06 pm

Unless you know the shop, don't take them there, unless it is an absolute must! Took mine in once for new tyres, all good, but next time I had to take the front calipers off, all four bolts were shot. Obviously they didn't have a 7mm allen key, so they ground down an 8mm to fit. Butchery, I say. Two of them has to have easyouts applied, to remove. They used to be an "authorised" service centre. Parts were available from Mario, but I was inconvenienced somewhat - didn't need to happen.

Gave them another go later for some spare parts. I listed the parts and descriptions in an email - they didn't know what I was talking about, so sent me a scanned copy of the parts manual with all the parts I needed, listed on it, and instructed me to print, highlight in a yellow colour, scan and send it back to them.

For some silly reason, they were no longer a service shop, shortly after that.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel removal   Front wheel removal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:00 am

beetle wrote:

Make sure you loctite them when you put them back on.

Usually I aggree with all you say... but this time... Maintenance book tells me to screw calipers with 50Nm torque. No mentioning of loctite. And mine were not locited when removing them for the 1st time.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel removal   Front wheel removal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:12 am

I was referring to the rotors.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel removal   Front wheel removal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:54 am

My caliper bolts didn't have any Loctite either but I put a few drops on them when I re-installed them. I couldn't see the harm and it gave me peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel removal   Front wheel removal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
 Obviously they didn't have a 7mm allen key, so they ground down an 8mm to fit. Butchery, I say. Two of them has to have easyouts applied, to remove.

For some reason 7mm is often omitted in Allen key sets.  I managed to score a set of 3/8" square drive Allen drivers in 3,4,5,6,7,8,10 sizes, made by Powerbuilt.  I hope I don't come across the need for a 9mm hex!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel removal   Front wheel removal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front wheel removal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2