GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

You Dipstick

Go down 
+15
2highlander
Grisonut
paulbrice
sidrat
sideshowbob
beetle
Bill Hagan
odder
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Papa Lazarou
Pete Roper
Steak
nev
waterbottle
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

You Dipstick   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Dipstick    You Dipstick   - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:30 am

I think clue is in the thread title Wink Fill it to & run it low on the dipstick; rather than stick a standard amount in and expect it to be right......not sure what you mean that oil is 'pooling in the gearbox' though....
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

You Dipstick   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Dipstick    You Dipstick   - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 am

I changed the oil and filter on my 07 added less than 3 liters, probably 1/2" up the stick screwed in.
after a few days I noticed spots of oil on the starter cover so I assumed it was overfull and spitting out somewhere, (I have the vent hoses different from stock because someone added an extra one from the box near the headstock)
The level dropped to about 3/8" up the stick (screwed in on side stand) then stayed there, 8,000 km later the level hasn't dropped further.

I believe the level doesn't change from vertical to on the sidestand because the stick meets oil near the center of sump.
I think I have the 09 stick in Waterbottle's pic

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down

You Dipstick
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2