GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Sold my beautiful red fast G

Go down 
+3
beetle
Pete Roper
wardentm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Sold my beautiful red fast G Empty
PostSubject: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:25 am

Giday all
Sold my beautiful fast red G11 a few weeks back ......it's off to Sydney.
I loved that bike but it was going to kill me .....at 67 now and getting physically weaker and not as fast in the reflexes as well I had to make some hard decisions. The big problem was I still was getting blood rushes occasionally and finding myself doing things that I should not have .....it was not an issue when I was younger but now I realise that I just do not have what it takes any longer.
I have now purchased a nice smaller NOS 2016 V7 11 with 218 ks on the clock. Hopefully I will be able to control this smaller package a bit better.
I hope I can still stay here and banter a bit now and then.
Looks like I will need to remap this baby .....will contact Mark soon to see what he has.
Thanks to all for many years of great GRiSO banter as he help when needed.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:56 am

Sounds eminently sensible.

Stick around. Clancy had a V7 II and I reckon it was he best of the lot. Simple, Heron head, motor that never tried to pretend to be anything it wasn't, six speed pressure fed gearbox and time proven driveline.

Sure the suspension is crap but that's fixable if you need it to be.

I personally will be keeping my GRiSO and Mana but if I buy another bike it will likely be a Honda CT 125! If I live long enough to need another bike it will be an electric.......
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:52 am

Yeah, stick around Trevor. We like V7's too. Mostly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:22 am

beetle wrote:

Yeah, stick around Trevor. We like V7's too. Mostly.

What beetle said. Mostly. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:06 pm

Indeed. Once a GRiSO nut, always a GRiSO nut.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Trev, sad news on letting GRiSO go to the north island. But good news is you now join the outer triangle supporting the inner circle - quite a few of us have been doing just that for years.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:48 pm

What about your gaggle of Royal Enfields? One presumes they will stay?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Mark

Greetings from beautiful Tasmania where it's great today and will be better tomorrow ....

Sure do still have my 'gaggle' of Enfields .....8 off' .most will be keepers 7 of which are Brits ...

You have a V7 map ? Also the PC cable went with the GRiSO ... Does the V7 need a different cable ?

Stay safe
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Yes, I have V7 maps out the wazoo. Same cable as the GRiSO.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:44 am

I'll speak to Phil about that cable, Trev. I keep one up at the Shed, with a knee top, and Phil is not mechanical, and with computers, is a confirmed Luddite. He only just on Friday managed his very first internet banking exercise. John will be delivering the fast red GRiSO to the shed next weekend - getting the ferry over Friday, and back again Sunday, I believe.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:19 am

Thanks Mal
Happy to pay market value plus postage if Phil is happy ......
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sold my beautiful red fast G   Sold my beautiful red fast G Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Sold my beautiful red fast G
Page 1 of 1