GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+85
Todd442
GreggF
motor-timothy
XU12
DeepSpace
ITSecurity
MattF
kiwi dave
theTURN
f-man
cognosticator
nwryder
EricS
nblades
stdunkel
PunkScout
wardest
Pisano
Pete Roper
Street
sidrat
Charlie J
Bill Hagan
beetle
waterbottle
Steak
PilotJet
swagzz
sideshowbob
MalG
Hacky
not-fishing
cbxtc6
fredfrenzy
Stu400
Cantaloop
Guzzi Two Shoes
Broken Spoke
Omnis
GHTE
Triman023
anguscameron1966
Lemppari
Guzzi Cat
Patrik
Mandrake
pkroupa
Conor W
Brent S
b3177h
wayne68
relayer
bioman
Clancy
paulbrice
HCSO617
guzziownr
Ad B
zebraranger
petarzil
Grisonut
MVH053
avgpetro
WAC
LBC Tenni
2highlander
NorthernProducer
nwreed
bahamazoo
dennis the menace
H-E-ROSS
MrGPz
Nobleswood
Baross
Oz1200Guzzi
BradleyM
Bulldog9
Converted Duc
wardentm
mark111
rudolf35
Papa Lazarou
Il Griso
keenerkeen07
wyno
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:31 pm

I went for a fifty mile ride on cool 35* day. New hand guards & heated vest did the job! I stopped by a friend's house just in time to help move a cast iron kitchen range. Fun! More snow tomorrow; this may be my only ride this month.
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Beautiful sunny day today, decided to ride the GRiSO. Reminded me again why I became a Guzzi convert, and how much I love the GRiSO, especially with the Agostini Hydro formed Pipe and Beetle Map. Tomorrow I will pick up my "fixed" Norge from MI, looking forward to seeing how the 8V actually runs when all is well.

But I must say having test ridden a Stelvio and New Norge at MI, I prefer the feel of the 4V 1100 motor, for the GRiSO at least. It has that velvety thump thug feel that just seems to be missing from the 8V motor which is much smoother, and the dual plate clutch racket and other various noises just add to the whole RIGHTNESS of this machine. It suits the character and nature of the bike, and the sound is intoxicating. I think the 8V is more fitting on a ST bike with less thumping and a smoother revving more refined motor which is what the 8V seems to be as compared to the 4V1100. GRiSO=Raw, Norge=Refined.

Of course I was at work until 9pm and was sleeting rain on the 10 mile ride home but was worth it...... MAN I love the GRiSO.......
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:00 am

Bravo Steve!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Installed Rox risers. Queue haters.....

Then put puff in the tyres and whacked the rack on, for my all-expenses-paid ride to the Hunter Valley tomorrow.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Excellent! My risers from Onur have solved my problems but the Rox items appear to have more adjustability. Info after the (Hot?) ride to the Munter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Yeah, Onur's risers are the duck's guts, but when I replaced the bars, the angle of the dangle wasn't quite right. Problem solvered.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 am

Went the long way home yesterday (from work) - just to let some stress go. Didn't work, so many fuktards on the roads. Still managed just on 200 km instead of 60. Did find a couple of spots where Black betty's leg could be exercised, and a spirited run down Macquarie Pass - sometimes you get lucky.

Got home, still in a lather of sweat, got a beer from the beer fridge, went outside where I was summarily hosed down (along with everyone else). Quick shower, then a short walk to the pub for solids and liquids. maybe I came out of it better than I thought...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 am

Titty squasher again Mark?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Nah, it's the annual company "yay team" love-in. We get droned at for a couple of hours, then get on the piss. I said "I'm only going if you let me ride and you pay all costs." They called my bluff.

Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:45 am

Fun day begins cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:48 am

You be good ya hear!

No gettin palsy walsy with beetle in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:18 am

It was concrete. Turns out concrete is very hard.

Shocked

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:43 am

Yeah, especially concrete walls, they don't flex, apparently.
Well, not when hit with leather bag full of flesh and bones.

Ron, you be careful on turn 1 today, that gravel trap is very short at 100mph.

Mark, I checked out that exhaust last night (in the flesh). Ron has done a very neat job.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Went for a ride out on Sunday, 12 degrees for 19th February is not too bad, track day at Cadwell Park in full swing.

No Ron i was not running the GRiSO!

Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 pm

hi. huge number plate you have cops could read it easy
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 pm

dennis the menace wrote:
hi. huge number plate you have cops could read it easy

Oh i have been through the small numberplate stage years ago, i jut can't be arsed giving someone the opportunity to pull me to discuss it any longer!

I don't think its as big as it seems (said the actress to the bishop) its a perspective thing
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Oh and today i also took the bike to work, winter will now arrive in Lincolnshire......
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:38 am

Lovely little ride today in 15C. Warm and toasty.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:53 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Lovely little ride today in 15C. Warm and toasty.

You know it wont last!
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:21 am

Mounted C-Bow brackets on my GRiSO. Getting ready for some touring.

Share the bags with my Dorsoduro save money and have storage when needed.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 am

The C-Bow kit is good, I have them on my 1200 Sport. It's a shame the bags don't come with a few more litres in them though. 22 litres is barely sufficient if you want to keep the weight down low. Has anyone tried making bigger bags?
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Washie Washie ! I took advantage of the unseasonable weather to give my ride a needed bath![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:48 pm

rudolf35 wrote:
Mounted C-Bow brackets on my GRiSO. Getting ready for some touring.

Share the bags with my Dorsoduro save money and have storage when needed.

Thumbs Up

I lost one of my panniers somewhere along a very bumpy and kidney jarring Buckets Way last October after the bolts of the C- Bow brackets on one side gave up the ghost. Both bolts snapped and I had to use an ezyout to extract the remnants from the undercarriage. I'll be upgrading the C-Bow bracket arms bolts to high tensile steel when I refit them the panniers again.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:44 am

I am, as my avatar states, Grisoless…
This is not a choice I made lightly however. I would very much like to have that tough guy sitting in my garage.
Alas, having an airspace violation of 205cm - that’d be 6’7” to those of Imperial deflection (didn’t you guys stage a skirmish to oust the imperial regime at some stage…. ) when astride a GRiSO, it quickly resembles a monkey bike. So my garage houses GRiSO’s longer leggier sister, the 1200 Sport.
Even with all this extra room, I find the ergonomics at the knee require a bit of unfolding after a ten hour day in the saddle, so I’ve often considered lowering the footpegs.
At a MotoGuzzle late last year, I was fortunate enough to be in the company of several Learned Brethren, some of whom have installed said items. After several Black Beers, one of the LB did agree to allow me to try out a spare pair of beautiful made 2” (made in th good ol USA)) drop Knight Design pegs that he had in his possession.
These promptly arrived via CT90, and so, at the speed of tectonic plates, I have finally fitted them.
Starting with the left side, a seamless swap was made, noting that the gear shift was now a little high, but given my size 49 boot, this was deemed to be of little issue for a test ride or two.
Satisfied here, focus was directed at the starboard side. The rear of the brake pedal was preventing simple replacement, and so, even without beer in hand, investigation revealed that the pedal is easily height controlled via an adjustable rod. This task completed, with the pedal now at the perfect height, and footpeg attached, I mounted her (?) and assumed the riding position, left and right foot alternatively - I have no centre stand of fancy paddock stand- and was pleased with the result.
Before heading out towards twisty tarmac, a preflight of the work done was made. During which I noted with dismay that the contact pad of the pedal was now some distance from brake light (de)activation switch, causing the light to be permanently on.
Easiest quick fix would be to disconnect this device and go for a test ride, however, drawing on my inner MacGyver, I searched the workshop for a solution to bridging the gap. In honour of constipated mathematicians everywhere, I worked it out with a pencil…

Suitable pleased with myself, and suitably suited up, sitting astride her again, I retracted the side stand and backed out of the shed.
Angled now for exit, I engaged first gear, only to find that the side stand had adopted the gear levers prime position.

Mmmm, ok, well, that’ll need attention later.
Finally the ride report.
Comfort has been achieved!!
In a straight line at least. Those aforementioned 49 boots contacted the blacktop at most any angle off the perpendicular. I spooled up and did a little bit of highway, and about an hour of mountain curves.
Definite result in a straight line, but epic fail in the bends.
Back in the garage, with OEM pegs replaced, and Knight Design’s back in their box to await shipment back to to the accommodating LB, I reached for that beverage...
Sigh.

Last edited by bahamazoo on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:02 am

KEEP THE PEGS

Brake light switch should be adjustable via the rod for free play/pedal height, same as gear lever. (I could be wrong)

1. Raise your rear ride height .........
At 6'7" I imagine your weight is way above 175lb the rear spring struggles to cope with.
Replace rear shock with 330mm length item. Wilbers/Matris/Penske with appropriate spring for your ride weight will do the trick.
You will be amazed at the quality of the ride, plus massive increase in ground clearance, turns in much better etc. etc.

2. Modify the side stand. It appears to be steel so should be any easy cut-n-shut with the hot glue gun.

3. Then add a Matris fork kit to complement the rear, you will never go back.

4. Further comfort can be achieved with extra seat padding, sheepskin, Air Hawk or reupholstered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next