GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Wolfman Luggage

Go down 
+4
bahamazoo
Street
sidrat
H-E-ROSS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

New Wolfman Luggage  Empty
PostSubject: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 am

After looking around on the site for luggage options I found this topic lacking. I wanted a frameless bag that would hold most of the gear I might want to carry for an extended trip. I think I found the item:Wolfman Beta Boulder Duffle. It is supposed to be relatively water tight and comes with 3 internal dry-bags. I was hoping someone else on here had given a review of the  compatibility with the GRiSO, before I sprung for one. No such luck,so here is my attempt to fill the void. I dummy loaded with wool blankets to test drive today. Bag fits well and connects easily to the-under seat pegs and rear passenger foot-peg brackets (four straps). This thing is huge and I wasn't sure how it would feel on the bike. After a short bit on the highway and some of my favorite roads I found it didn't have an effect I couldn't live with. It is fully on the seat leaving room for a tent and chair on the rack. No pillion for me!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:38 am

looks good, do you a piccy from the back?
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:08 pm

sidrat wrote:
looks good, do you a piccy from the back?

My concern was clearance of the "legs" over the exhaust, width of the tunnel, and overall size. All of these things were not a problem. However there will be no swinging the leg over the rig with my less than tall stature.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

You could certainly carry a lot in that, i was curious to see how close it was to the exhaust and now see you have the same exhaust as me :-) so now i know
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Looks like a dead body...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm

live ones loaded like that tend to upset the handling....
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:12 am

Street wrote:
Looks like a dead body...

It's about utility not fashion. Though where vanity comes into play; after you get to where you are going, you can ditch the bag and not have to ride around town with unsightly hardware attached to your bike.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Point taken. On mine I have HB hard bags and they won't win any beauty contests either. Plus the racks are always in place whether the bags are mounted or not. Some find this objectionable, but it works for me.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 pm

I have the same brand luggage but the next size smaller. Found I could cram a huge amounts of unneeded clothing with room for my medicine. All stayed dry , the straps made sure the bag didn't move an inch.
( In the pic my wet weather gear bag strapped to the luggage , the weather proofing was tested to it's fullest)

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:12 pm

I have a couple of these, I may take one or two, depending on needs; waterproof YES, size is not too big, Caribee 50l Expedition

Caribee 50 litre Expedition

AND some HB, C-Bow Street Bags on the side.

Still I carry TOO much!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:37 am

THAT, will affect handling, especially tight bends...
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 am

Wish I had a big banana.......................................... So does Jan Laughing
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:30 pm

I've been using the Beta Plus on the V7S for the past 3 years - the more expensive Boulder would have been preferred, but the freight cost to Oz was the killer. Even so, the Beta Plus has proved waterproof so far. I pack the heavy stuff (tools, spares, kitchen) down the two ends and the lighter bulkier stuff in the middle. I have found that on the V7, a three quarters full bag (probably around 15-20kg) has no noticeable effect on handling at all, while a stuffed full load sometimes seems to have a very slight effect. Just a slight difference noticeable on the twisties loaded & unloaded. Usually not worth the bother (slight) of removing the bag for for a run up & back down the mountain. The GRiSO should be less sensitive.

I'm very happy with the bag. It really works well on long trips. Everything in there is accessible easily. It is easy to remove & re-attach. The side pockets are very useful. Extra stuff can be quickly secured on top with those 2 straps on top of the main zip. I haven't found much use for the two piggyback straps on the back of it - I usually have a dry bag on the rack anyway (& the big stove, the wet weather gear & the wok).
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:35 am

I was drawn to the size of the Beta Plus But decided to go with the "Big Banana" as it claimed to be more rugged & water resistant. There was no local dealer where I could actually see the product before making a purchase. I took a leap of faith that it would fit correctly and I am satisfied on that front.
I am hoping I can curb my habit of over packing, but I am sure if I stuff this bag there will be far more dunnage than I need!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm

It's very satisfying (self-congratulatory competence) to head out on a long trip with your luggage only half full. With all the modern ultra light gear around, and a bit of experience, it's amazing how well you can pack. I've now got it down to around 35kg (77lb), including tools, spare parts, camping, kitchen (incl the wok & coffee equipment), electronics & clothes. Lessons were learned touring on the 1100 Sport. I still end up taking too much - but it's getting less. That bag of yours will work comfortably, but you'll likely be inspired to reduce it's contents each time you shoulder it up to your room in the pub. Good luck & enjoy the experience.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:23 pm

I have dragged more unnecessary stuff to the tops of mountains.... I am trying to gain wisdom and embrace the go-light movement as I age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wolfman Luggage    New Wolfman Luggage  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Wolfman Luggage
Page 1 of 1