GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What an Idiot

Go down 
+18
Overholt13
wyno
Converted Duc
Stu400
Broken Spoke
Papa Lazarou
wardentm
keenerkeen07
Steak
Ralf z
Street
beetle
EricS
Pete Roper
Brent S
MrGPz
Bill Hagan
sidrat
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Yes it was me earlier today caught on our own CCTV at work, what a twat i am!

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm

"This video is private."

Rolling Eyes

Bill

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Sorry Bill, now public Smile
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:04 pm

The family just watched this and the comments went from
Sh*t "Grimace"
Ouch
"I feel sorry for him, I feel sad now" (11yr old daughter)
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Oh dear. Looks like you accidentally knocked it into gear which caused the bike to lurch forward......balance lost......over she went???
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Yeah, don't sweat it, you're not the first and you definitely won't be the last. I did it on my SP outside the Bank of England in about '81. That caused a few sniggers!

Pete
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Almost did the exact same thing today. Pulled up to the garage, put it in neutral and bumped the shifter when I reached for the side stand. Startled the hell out of me but I kept it upright.

The designers at Guzzi probably still get a good laugh from this...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:36 pm

They're heavy, aren't they?

How embarrassment!

Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Oof!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Sad vid.

But Kathi was (a bit too) impressed that you were able to lift it so readily.   Rolling Eyes

Humbling.    Embarassed

But it's a large boat you've come aboard.  And, yes, BTDT with my Norge and EV ... but not (yet, anyway) with GRiSO.

Curious if you went to see if on CCTV ... or you're security people told you that you were the Star of the Day.   Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Sigh, we've all dropped our bikes I'm sure.
Hell I dropped my old bike off its centre stand and hit the one beside it.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Bill, I have found that the adrenalin rush of the irregular dismount will allow you to pick the beast up pretty easily. The only time I couldn't was when I high sided GRiSO and was too sore. The nice policeman helped that time.

Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Just be thankful that you didn't herniate picking it up like that...

Pillage! Thumbs Up

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Well i hate to admit to this one but, not my GRiSO but a Yamaha ...pulled up to the garage to put her away , motor running in neutral side stand down.. i get off the bike open the door come back to the bike and before i get back on i notice for some reason that the shift lever toe rubber is coming off a bit , so i crouch down beside the bike and push it back on ..the bike goes into gear jumps forward off its side stand stalls out and falls on top of me .......

Bike was fine it used me as a cushion.
now that gentlemen is stoopid ...
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Boy, I hope my next off will be like this one ......
Stay safe and well all
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:52 pm

All my accidents (well, nearly all) are sub 2 MPH.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:37 am

Thanks for all your kind words, clearly i was pissed off at such a stupid manouver. The handlbars landed on the curb, and took most of the weight (yes they are bloody heavy and yes i was going to lift it back up my mind told my body that was the corse of action!)

It has a small crack in the back of the mirror, bent rear brake and small scraps in the Carc housing and oil cooler cover, both of which will sand down and paint away. I will have a go at bnding the brake lever back with some heat.

The bar ends made a 1/2inch deep hole into the ashfelt, but there is not even a scratch on them!

Put it down to experience (like all the other crashes!, i could start a thread with them) the bike now has some scars like its owner, more bonding completed.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 am

My favorite GRiSO dump was probably about 7 or 8 years ago.  Was on a ride during one of the GRiSO campouts with Pete (Street) and Esther.  Pete pulled off onto the gravel shoulder after passing a crossroad.  I pulled up next to him and we were going to wait for Esther to catch up.  I pulled up on his left, popped my visor, opened my tankbag, and started a conversation.  Just then I decided to lean my GRiSO over onto the sidestand.  Only I forgot to lower the sidestand first...

TIIIIIMMMMMMBBBBBEEEERRRRR, over I went in slow motion...  I myself, whole body and all, tumbled to the left along with 87% of the contents of my tank bag and scattered across the road shoulder.  Pete just looked at me, mouth agape, "What the F#$%?"  I popped up laughing, correctly called myself a dumbass, picked up my shit, and carved that one into infamy...

It happens sometimes.

geek

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am

Hah, I remember that day! That was tragicomic for sure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Broken Spoke
Carlotto
Carlotto
Broken Spoke

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Either you've dropped one......or......you just haven't YET!
Tough one Buddy, but well done getting it back on its keel
Back to top Go down
Stu400
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Stu400

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 am

Gutted for you, my most embarrassing one was behind a car at a junction, he moved forward. I looked right then left and dumped the clutch. The car was still there! By the time I managed to pick the bike up there was a half mile queue of cars behind me.

As long as my 'offs' are restricted to stationary or low speed like that I don't mind too much.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 am

Sad sight, but hey we have all done it, or will do some day.
My last one was just after I purchased this new you beaut roller thingy (thats technical talk) to make room in my garage. Easy to use just ride the bike up on to it then roll into a position close to wall and out of the way. Simple says me, I just happened to overlook one important step, place roller thingy roller brakes on before attempting to place bike upon said thingy. Embarassed
Amazing what adrenalin does I picked the bike straight up (it did not fall all the way as I held it up some how. hehe!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:12 am

Years ago, I took the sidecar off the bike. Did I remember to put my feet down at the first set of traffic lights I came to? Nope.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:39 am

Good thing the new seat cover wasn't on it eh Keith?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Years ago, I took the sidecar off the bike. Did I remember to put my feet down at the first set of traffic lights I came to? Nope.

You win the Internet for fifteen minutes!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What an Idiot Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What an Idiot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next