GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What an Idiot

Go down 
+18
Overholt13
wyno
Converted Duc
Stu400
Broken Spoke
Papa Lazarou
wardentm
keenerkeen07
Steak
Ralf z
Street
beetle
EricS
Pete Roper
Brent S
MrGPz
Bill Hagan
sidrat
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

What an Idiot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 pm

TIMBER!!!!!!! oh fu@$,,,, we have all done it, glad your ok
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:01 pm

This thread could keep going....
On Friday, yes, two days ago,
After getting new tyres, i was putting the bike on the back of the ute to bring home, when against my better judgement, i allowed the bike shop salesman to help push the bike on.
Anyway halfway up the ramp, the bike got stuck, i put one foot back to steady myself, and put my foot down between the rungs, luckily the bike landed on top of me and the only thing broken is the numberplate light, that the guy grabbed to help stop it going over. Managed to scrape all the skin off my shin as well.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Bugger, that'd hurt.
Back to top Go down
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:02 pm

I think that counts as a high-side.  Engine was running, pitched you off sideways - that counts.

Now let's work on the story for when you are telling it in bars.  You just got off work and as you were leaving the parking lot (time to embellish for some street-cred)  You were coming out the gate hot and flopped to make your turn out, but your mind was elsewhere and you gave it too much gas - the back steps out mid turn and you end up high-siding  it right outside of work.  Tossed you right off the bike.

I think that's definitely the way I would tell it.  And not .... "Let out clutch while parked and fell over"  that's a shit story.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks for thinking i could make a tale out of it!

But the CCTV never lies!!!!

it wasnt the clutch, i did the old flick up the sidestand and knocked the bloody thing into gear, i would have got away with it if had not lurched forward, hit the kerb and twisted the bars out of my hands
Back to top Go down
oldandgrumpy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
oldandgrumpy

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 am

Without me knowing about it some mice half filled the trunk on my Goldwing with birdseed. A bear smelled the lunch, and tried to get it by chewing up the seat. In the process he knocked it off the center stand and climbed all over it burying the handlebar past the grip in the lawn. Then the wanker gave up and left it for me to pick up. Now that’s a heavy bike, but the internet had videos as to how to right them solo, and I managed. If the bastard comes back and knocks GRiSO over, I will buy a dirt bike and a gun so I can hunt him down and kneecap him!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 am

^^^^^

Too bad you don't have a trailcam for what would be a cool photo series! Wink

All bears have done here are wander around and, in one case, rip our bird feeders to pieces. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, WRT to lifting, I am impressed at your getting that GW up from its "resting" position. I have watched those vids and thought "no way."

I recently bought one of these: Dirt Napper

I got it for my Stornello as I usually ride it alone on dirt and worse roads in BFE Virginia, West Wherever, and Pennsylvania, but I as it's relatively compact, I may carry it on GRiSO, Norge, and EV on all road trips, too.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:40 pm

That looks pretty nifty, as long as you're not stuck underneath the bike as the poster on Adv Rider apparently was. Oh, and don't store it in your side bags!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Drops........... ah........ reality.

Right after my first born was born I was so excited to get in the house to see her, I forgot to put the kickstand down and dropped my XS 11 right onto the passenger fender of my brand new Audi 5000...

When I got my Norge home, first day puling it into the garage, I went to put it on the center stand and muscle memory from 10 years with an FJR failed me and the bike went right over...... mirror struck the door of my 76 912.... plastic mirror housing broke and the metal stem embedded into the door....... Thats why I say my Norge is a Bitch.......

It happens man, NO shame. Kudos to you for sharing. Hope all works out.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Bulldog9 wrote:
Drops........... ah........ reality.

Right after my first born was born I was so excited to get in the house to see her, I forgot to put the kickstand down and dropped my XS 11 right onto the passenger fender of my brand new Audi 5000...

When I got my Norge home, first day puling it into the garage, I went to put it on the center stand and muscle memory from 10 years with an FJR failed me and the bike went right over...... mirror struck the door of my 76 912.... plastic mirror housing broke and the metal stem embedded into the door....... Thats why I say my Norge is a Bitch.......

It happens man, NO shame. Kudos to you for sharing. Hope all works out.

Cheers man, I just knew it would be on CCTV so had no option but to confess, the bike suffered very little damage as it fell against the curb on its handlebar
Back to top Go down
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 am

Yep. Did that rolling up to a pub. In summer. When like 30 people were outside and less than 10M away.

I thought it was in neutral, let off the clutch, lurched forward, foot slipped and down she went.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 am

Yep. Did that rolling up to a pub. In summer. When like 30 people were outside and less than 10M away.

I thought it was in neutral, let off the clutch, lurched forward, foot slipped and down she went.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What an Idiot   What an Idiot - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What an Idiot
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2