GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bar weights + Mirrors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Bar weights + Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Bar weights + Mirrors   Bar weights + Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These bar weights are the only ones I have found that have a provision for mirrors. They are from Motovation. Have used them on several bikes and they work well. Since our bars are only hollow in about 45mm I had to modify them for the GRiSO. The mirrors are knock offs from fleebay, but are very good quality and vibration free. The factory weights assembly was 200 grams. the new setup was 350 grams, per side. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: Bar weights + Mirrors   Bar weights + Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 pm

sideshowbob wrote:

Since our bars are only hollow in about 45mm I had to modify them for the GRiSO.

My secondhand 2008 GRiSO 1200 came with black bars that look like yours, had no bar-ends and they're hollow all the way thru. They are also threaded inside for about a inch at each end, and the inside diameter is a bit smaller than 'standard' bar ends require.

Are my bars not GRiSO originals, anyone know ?

Cheers,
Terrty
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bar weights + Mirrors   Bar weights + Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Yup, they sound like originals. The threads are for plugs with a 24mm hex on the end and a central 6mm thread that the bar end weights bolt in to. The hex plugs are useful if tou want to use the original weights or, alternatively, some Stelvio hand guards. These come with their own, longer, bar end weights but use the same 6mm bolt, albeit a longer one, for attatching the weights and then the hand guards.

I've probably got a pair of second hand plugs knocking about off one of the wrecks if you want? Got hand guards in stock too. Not sure about original end weights.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Bar weights + Mirrors   Bar weights + Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:29 pm

I should have worded that differently. They are hollow all the way through, but after about 45mm the ID is less so the weights would only slide in that far.
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: Bar weights + Mirrors   Bar weights + Mirrors Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:34 pm

I'm glad you didn't because you galvanized me to find out the story with my bars Smile

Thanks Pete!

Cheers,
Terry
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar weights + Mirrors   Bar weights + Mirrors Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bar weights + Mirrors
Page 1 of 1