GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Service now or later

Go down 
+4
davem
paulbrice
eeyore
sidrat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Service now or later - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service now or later   Service now or later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:58 pm

paulbrice wrote:
You can get your oil tested if you want/are interested, just find a local test laboratory/site. There isn't much 'comparative data' to raincheck your results (especially as different oils have a different base composition)....and things like viscometrics will depend on when you took the sample (after long ride, after short ride) driving style & climate (fuel dilution), oil Viscosity Modifier chemistry......let's see who has some example trends/analysis to compare !!

Personally (i.e. outside fact I used to live in world of oil/car/bike/engine testing where you need tests to meet specs & approvals like VW 500.00/501/505; Mercedes service page 227/228/229 etc ) I wouldn't bother, especially if you are running right oil + normal drain intervals. It may be interesting, may give you an early read on things going bad, may allow you to extend drains if you want to 'run to condition' vz 'run to schedule'....but for me at least life is too short to measure oil quality Wink

You are no doubt right.

But, "interesting" is good enough for me, especially as while tempus does indeed fugit, I waste enough time with less useful pursuits than an oil test. That said, I have never sent off oil for suh a test, but have mused on it now and then. The differences at changes in the appearance of oil from my several Guzzis alone makes me curious about what's happening.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Evilgarfield
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evilgarfield

Service now or later - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service now or later   Service now or later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm

I was referring to eeyore post saying that he has access to testing and seemed to imply that his GRiSO would be tested. I was just wondering if results of that test were available to continue this interesting thread Smile
Back to top Go down

Service now or later
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2