GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Green helmet! (At last!)

Go down 
+11
bahamazoo
LBC Tenni
wyno
GUZ21
Street
Clancy
EricS
Overholt13
Cereal KLR
beetle
Pete Roper
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Green helmet! (At last!) Empty
PostSubject: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 am

Well Jude had a work do up in Sydney, Manly in fact, so I went into bludge mode and drove her up and we had a couple of nights at the old Quarantine station on North Head that is now a very interesting hotel/conference center venue.

That's by the by though, because it was only a few km away from their head office/warehouse I finally got a chance to return my Vozz helmet which was far, far too small, and get a replacement.

When I first saw the Vozz concept I thought it was brilliant, still do. The problem was they didn't have my size and through a sort of comedy of errors I couldn't get one that fitted.

Well finally they had some 2XL's in stock, (Large enough even for my gigantic but fairly empty cranium!) and I used this opportunity to go up and swap the last one I had been sent about a year ago to replace the almost identical one I bought a year before that for one that actually fits!

Hooray!

Now I just have to actually ride in it!

Yeah, two years to actually get what I paid a lot for, hmm? But then if you're an 'Early Adopter' you often get shit. 8V anyone.........

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:16 am

Now for some green leathers ................... the incredible bulk. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:37 am

Nah, no more leather for me. While I know it offers great protection in slides I feel that modern synthetic gear and body armour will probably sufice for my now very pedestrian needs and in hot weather they are far more comfortable.

I still have the 'Sausage Suit' for sale if anyone of a 'Fuller Figure' but not as 'Full' as I am for sale. Full Dainesse two piece race suit, only worn a dozen or so times.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:01 am

Whoa, just looked them up. So the back clam shells open instead of typical modular design. I bought my first modular this year, and other than the increased wind noise enjoy the pop open to talk/refuel/pay toll freedom. And that green is dam green!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 am

it is definitely green from the website picture, love it, loud and proud,lol
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Green helmet causes me to think 'Green Goblin' from the Spiderman comic.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:27 pm

The orange one would match the GRiSO 1400  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:56 pm

I have now seen it in the flesh. It's a fluorescent green.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi! Ho! Kermit the Vozz.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:46 pm

beetle wrote:
Hi! Ho! Kermit the Vozz.

'Spose you'll want an orange one now...?
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:39 pm

I have a red one. I wonder what Street will make of that???
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:19 am

GUZ21 wrote:
beetle wrote:
Hi! Ho! Kermit the Vozz.

'Spose you'll want an orange one now...?

Nope! I like my Shark.

Hmm...orange Shark...

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 am

If you get an orange helmet I won't be able to ride with you because everybody will think we're an 'Item'! I don't want to have to try and *Explain* that shit to some inbred redneck at the Dirrimbandi road house on the next Cabal! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 am

affraid

No

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:14 pm

I'll be interested to hear how you like this helmet Pete. I too have a 2xl melon-head and this concept is very appealing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 pm

I love the concept. I know Charlie has had one for a while as well. Maybe a few others here too.

While the fact that when they were launched they didn't have all the sizes in stock, (Supply problems from China it seems.) I have to say they have been extremely good about exchanges, even if there was some confusion with sizing. It's taken me two years to get mine from the time I paid BUT that is in large part down to me as the XL's and 2XL's came in in January but I wanted to actually go down and pick mine up from their warehouse/headquarters direct and get a fitting there. That involves a trip to Sydney and to be honest I'd rather have teeth pulled without an anaesthetic than go to Sydney! This week though Jude had a work shindig on the North Shore about 8km from the warehouse so I gritted my teeth and went with her and swapped my non fitting L for a 2XL. No questions or queries. A quick check to make sure the returned item was in new condition, a fitting and a 'Thank you', (Plus a bit of a sales plug but you expect that, it wasn't odious.) and I walked out with my brand new lid.

The only thing I would say is that I think their sizing is on the small side. According to their chart I should take a 'Large'. No way in the world! It would barely close. When I tried the XL it was still uncomfortably tight. The 2XL feels fine but even when it beds in I don't think it will be loose. For comparison I take an XL in HJC which is very comfortable for me but the XL Shark I have been using was tight around the temples with the chinpiece closed. Take on board though that I have what is commonly known as a 'Melonhead' where my chin is broader than my cranium so my fitting requirements are a bit, errrr? *Special*.

Anyway, I hope to get out for a short ride today as we have been promised a week of heavy rain starting Saturday so I won't be getting a lot of riding in for a while. I'll report back a bit later.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:45 am

so there is a Cabal on the cards!!
Time to muster the leggings...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:32 pm

wyno wrote:
I have a red one. I wonder what Street will make of that???

Okay, GODDAMNIT! I really need to get back to work!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47 pm

LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Well I did get out for a bit of a blatt with the new lid yesterday on the GRiSO. Glad I bought it. Although quite heavy it is very comfortable and has very good venting. I like it a lot.

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:02 pm

I think I'll ask Santa for an orange one!
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Nah, no more leather for me. While I know it offers great protection in slides I feel that modern synthetic gear and body armour will probably sufice for my now very pedestrian needs and in hot weather they are far more comfortable.

I still have the 'Sausage Suit' for sale if anyone of a 'Fuller Figure' but not as 'Full' as I am for sale. Full Dainesse two piece race suit, only worn a dozen or so times.

Pete

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Dear Pete, do you still have the sausage suit ? If so what size is it ? I will need to do some California Superbike School days to get my head back into riding once my hip is rose-jointed.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green helmet! (At last!)   Green helmet! (At last!) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Green helmet! (At last!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next