GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

'12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

'12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Empty
PostSubject: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Really nice and warm day 90-100 Farenheit. New slip-on muffler with silencer works well by GPR. Perfect dayto break in the new Shuberth S2 helmet and Givi windsreen.  Stopped to take pics at the world renowned "Rock Store" in the hills near Malibu, CA.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 pm

I approve of this post.   Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Can we have a product evaluation on the Schuberth please
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Can we have a product evaluation on the Schuberth please

I was looking to replace my old white Arai Quantum f and my newer black Quantum II full face helmets, both size large.
After reading about the Shuberth line and a visit to Westlake Ducati, where I tried a bunch of Arai, Shoei and Shuberth helmets, I chose the Shuberth S2. It was the lightest of the helmets and fit my head perfectly (size Large). It's a very tight opening due to the neck and chin rolls, but once you get it on, very comfortable with no pressure points. My Quantum II required me taking a spoon to the brow padding to eliminate a pressure spot on and old scar from a car accident years ago. No such problems on the Schuberth at all. Also the Schuberth was rated very quiet, as windnoise was another issue I wanted to elimenate

The ride home showed me a few things;
The helmet is very aerodynamic and also does not lift at speed at all compared to the Arais. Hit 95 MPH.
The wind noise is still substantial, perhaps a bit less than Arai's
The venting is not as good as I had hoped, but I believe that I can improve it by removing a small piece of the liner that covers the two venturis leading to the interior's upper area.
Another interesting thing this helmet has is an interior sun screen that can be flipped down with a sliding lever along the left edge.
Pretty nice so you don't need a dark main face shield, though two darker shields are available. I opted for the clear shield.
It was very hot today and flipping the main face shield up at lower speed is my normal routine, but with the flip down sunshield engaged, the wind gets sucked under the unit and right into my eyes. The sunshade does not come down close enough to my nose and cheeks to block any wind at all, and infact is a real bummer. It is great when the main faceshield is down all the way, or just barely left open in it's, almost closed ratcheted position.
The field of vision has an outstanding wide view.
One thing that is a bit annoying is the neck strap's closure position. It seems farther rearward, much closer to my Adam's apple and since I have a bit of extra skin hanging there, wants to pinch a bit. However once riding it's ok. I'm certain the position of this strap contributes to the non-lift aspect of the design along with the rear conture and overal shape.
Also of note is that the neck strap has a ratched closure in place of D rings. Seems pretty cool once you understand how to use it.

To sumerize- It's very light, fits my head perfectly, has a great wide clear view.  
                  BUT, Not super quiet (so still wearing earplugs), average ventilation, interior drop down visor/sunshield needs redesigning, and fairly pricey at under $600. (with a 10% discount from dealer)
extra shiedls are around $100. ouch
Would I buy it again? Yep.

Last edited by Canyon Carver on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Great eval on the Schubie, thanks. And beautiful bike!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:45 am

Schuberth, you get what you pay for. That's no novelty helmet...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet   '12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

'12 GRiSO pic with new muffler, windcreen, helmet
Page 1 of 1